Sunday, March 26, 2006

As I was saying

I hate how the weekend comes to a crashing halt. Not that my weekends are all that different from my weekdays, but there is a physical quality to the weekend that comes to an end and makes a demarcation between days. The passage of time is most, if not only, noticeable then.

I didn't get the job, so I release the mojo to from whence it came. I got too excited about it, hopes too high, told too many people. I wanted it, thus it could not be.

I saw the invisible girl. At the mall. Tough to describe, but since I'm often the invisible man, I recognized her. A young teenage girl, not particularly attractive and clearly not comfortable in her skin, let alone her fast-food chain uniform. She passed me by but made eye contact that I recognized as saying, "I know you don't see me. Nobody sees me. But I'm here." I replied in kind, "Takes one to know one."

I've had some stupid dreams. A while back I dreamed that I was on the olympic swim team. (Young tinyhands was an excellent swimmer and springboard diver, though never olympic-caliber.) The stupid part of the dream was that Bill O'Reilly was the team coach. I remember that I could hear him clearly underwater, though I don't remember what he was saying. More recently I dreamed about being on a particular reality TV show, The Rookie, and I was fired. Instead of getting into a taxi, I was led into a giant hanger that turned out to be his own private airport. Not just a plane or two, a whole airport. I wandered around the bar at the end of the terminal before going back to my gate to sit down. Hiding behind a newspaper, also waiting for a flight, was Fergie. Her security people were really nice though.

And finally, though I may disagree with what you say, I will defend your right to search google and unfortunately end up here using the phrase "boobs are gross".

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Bill O'Reilly as the team coach? Yikes. I would've woken up screaming and in need of a 'Silkwood' bio-hazard shower. But that's just me. :)

Someone found you by searching 'boobs are gross'? Interesting. I've had some weird search hits myself but nothing quite like that.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KCTL- I keep a text file with all of my weird searches. One frequent search, though I can't for the life of me figure out why, is "Dear Peanus"

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

:o( What? Boo!! Well, that perfect job will come... just keep that mojo dear.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Peach- Maybe I'm using it wrong. Which way am I supposed to hold it? Also, I got it wet. Does that matter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home