Monday, February 27, 2006

Words and Music

I always just hoped that, that I'd meet some nice friendly girl, like the look of her, hope the look of me didn't make her physically sick, then pop the question and, um, settle down and be happy. It worked for my parents. Well, apart from the divorce and all that.

♪ You never know when you meet someone
Will she be the one?
You never know and I wonder to myself
I wonder to myself
Are you beautiful?
Are you beautiful on the inside? ♪

"For June who loved this garden from Joseph who always sat beside her." Some people do spend their whole lives together.

♪ You never know when you kiss someone
Will she be the one?
You never know and I wonder to myself
I wonder to myself
Are you beautiful?
Are you beautiful on the inside? ♪

I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.

♪ Or have I been fooled
And hypnotized
I just want to see
The truth in your eyes
Are you beautiful?
Are you beautiful?
Are you beautiful on the inside? ♪

No, right. Silence is golden. As the Tremeloes said. Clever guys. Although I think the original version was by, uh, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Great, great, great band. [hums "Silence is Golden"] Oh, shut up.

9 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger jungle jane said...

and did you meet a nice girl and get married?

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger lucidkim said...

you are beautiful. :) great post. kim

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Heather said...

This reminded me of William Shatner for some reason...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Okay, so I'm an idiot, ignore the deleted comment above...

Let's see, the first and last quotes have me a bit stumped. The first is familiar and for some reason I'm hearing in in a Hugh Grant voice...

Anyway, a post like this makes one wonder: do you have a crush, my dear?

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Jane- That was last week. This week I'm de-married again.

Kim- Takes one to know one. :P

Bonnie Heather- Denny Crane.

KCTL- Follow the links if you need help. As for crushes, I'll always pine for you.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. I grew up listening to it.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Heather said...

What? Who's Denny Crane?

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I didn't want to cheat and look at the links, but then I caved. I feel much better now. :)

And, aren't you sweet? I'll always pine for you too, hon.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Peach- I'm with you. Love the oldies.

Bonnie Heather- His character on Boston Legal, who often says nothing other than his name.

KCTL- Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home