Sunday, March 05, 2006

The return of Not My Cat

I swear it's Not My Cat!

Not My Cat has been spending a lot of time on my patio lately. Not My Cat likes to lay in the sun and sleep, but Not My Cat usually wakes up and runs away whenever I notice that it is around. Friday, Not My Cat was lounging on the bench while I ate lunch. Instead of running away, Not My Cat dozed lazily, keeping one eye on me and one eye on my tater tots. When I finished lunch, Not My Cat was still there, so I went upstairs to get my camera. I crept along the floor behind my sofa, stealthily approaching the window hoping that Not My Cat wouldn't run away too quickly. Not only did Not My Cat not run away, but Not My Cat posed for a few pictures before slowly rousing and slinking away. I was prone on the floor, mostly concealed by the sofa propping myself and my camera up on my elbows like a real-life nature photographer on the Serengeti. Not My Cat clearly saw me and humored me for a few minutes, but the implication was obvious, that were I actually a real-life nature photographer on the Serengeti and were Not My Cat a lion I wouldn't be here to blog about it. Thus today's lesson, courtesy of Not My Cat, is that I need to work on my stealth-photography skills.

And perhaps not to smell of tater tots when approaching from upwind.

[Note: More photos of Not My Cat can be found in the usual place via the link to your right, my left.]

13 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Mmmm tater tots...

What a gorgeous kitty!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

What a pretty kitty!!! And a great picture too.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger me said...

NMC can be quite scary when he wants to be.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KCTL: Tots. It's what's for lunch.

Nanner: It's Not My Cat.

ブレベン: Yes, deadly fangs on the ferocious beastie.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

prone on the floor, mostly concealed by the sofa propping myself and my camera up on my elbows

Sounds alluring.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger tonia said...

omg! cute kitty pics! Your photo skills are amazing and I like them even better with such extraordinary subject matter!
*note - comment leaver is a bit partial to the felines.*

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Z- Cock pushups?

Antonia- Imagine what I could do with a more intelligent subject/model. Want to pose?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

You didn't offer NYC a tater tot? Meanie!

(What IS a tater tot?)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Theic- A tater tot is a french fry (chip) made of shredded potato bits (plus additives and preservatives, yummo!) pressed into a bite-sized cylindrical shape.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger tonia said...

of course i'll pose for anything...i'm not shy! Maybe I can bring along a cat to place strategically?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger karla said...

I want that kitty! More accurately, my dog wants it. Does Not My Cat like Rottweilers?

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I tried to get a picture of the woodpecker this morning. Not to be. It landed, saw me, took off. Three times. So annoying that it saw me.

I love Not My Cat. So cute.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

What a sweetie! U have won my HEART Mr H. Look at those little feline eyes... givin U the eye.

SMooch,
The Tart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home