Monday, July 04, 2005

I

I can't keep my eyes open, so I'll keep this brief. I had three interesting conversations this weekend, only one of which was with a person who was talking to me.
Highlights...

What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

That's the difference between us; you see the relationship as a possibility, and mourn its inexistence.

Sometimes it's like I don't even exist. Even God has lost track of my soul. Why else would he leave me out here like this, to wander this world all alone?


[Ed. Note: Apologies for the melancholy, he's been like this since Friday.]

7 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

ahh the second one...that's brutal. i can relate...

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Esther said...

highlight 1, the story of my life
highlight 2, yet again, the story of my life, although not as eloquent

I think I'll drink my blue pill now, you want one 2? ;)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Is this the Invisible Man talking? Cuz I hate when he's invisible. It makes me feel helpless when he's hopeless.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger boo said...

nothing wrong... with feeling a bit... melancholy.... (love that word)... as long as it doesn't... last longer than 5 days!... then you're heading for depression... and that aint fun...

So SNAP OUT OF IT... mmm have my healing words helped?... no i didn't think so... maybe i could come round and slap you?...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Allie said...

hi.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide- So have your tough talk already.

3sth3r- I don't need any little blue pills, thank you.

kTp- Hopeless? Is that from your perspective or mine?

boo- I'm always up for a little slap & tickle. Call me.

#3EastCoast- Credit.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

"Gloomy" is the word my students always use, thanks to their dictionaries. It's darker than 'melancholy,' but equally evocative.

Still, you haven't quite descended to the level we have. "Come out for a drink on Tuesday evening if you dare," we email each other.

But you get like that when you start to suspect you're being picked off, one by one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home