Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Big Exciting News

Somewhere in the world there's some ... here, not so much.

Class ended tonight. Final exam Friday night, which means instead of a hot date, I'll be hanging out with a bunch of dork MBA-candidates just like me. Because having an exam is the reason I don't have a hot date on a Friday night. No other reason. None. Shut up.

I get all of 3 days off before the next summer session starts. I'll take my old textbooks over to the bookstore to receive 12 cents for selling them back. I'll then shell out another $120 (minus the 12 cents, w00h00!) to rent all new (used) textbooks for a month. Good times, good times.

My home has been overrun with mosquitoes and I can't figure out where they're all coming from. I killed 6 in the downstairs bathroom in one day last week and I noticed larvae in the bowl (I obviously don't use the downstairs bathroom very often- though I try to keep it clean in case Jeanette were to drop by). I took aim, flushed, then spritzed everything with bleach for good measure. They're not breeding in the commode anymore, but they're still getting into the house. I just killed one up here that was so full of my blood that I actually heard it pop. So, more cleaning.

But all is not dismal in the land of tinyhanded people. I was in the Village yesterday (sans hemp garments- dare I?) to restock on wing sauce & leisure-reading books. "The Last Samurai" and "The Art of Happiness". Book reviews forthcoming.

As for right now, I have to get caught up on 7 chapters of Production & Operations Management before 4pm Friday ... Resume dismal subsistence.

15 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

try selling them on half.com. that way you get more than 12 cents, although it takes longer than selling them back to the bookstore.

and hey, even if you don't have big exciting news, as i learned yesterday from a felow coworker, "fake it till you make it."

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

ew...mosquitos in the toilet?

I'm cancelling my visit.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

A. Who's Jeannette?

B. $.12 sounds awfully high...

C. Don't you know you're not supposed to let bugs in the house? :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Brighton said...

Ugh. Travis is finishing up summer classes too, but the courses sound a bit more interesting. Chin up!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

You should hire a ninja to kill those mosquitos.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide: Why don't you buy them from me, then you can sell them at a profit? Might help pay for that law school.

Regis: I heard you rather liked having your bum bitten...

kTP: A) A blogger. B) I must be high to be paying for this myself. C) *thwap*

Bright-one: Chin up, chest out, soldier on, eh? Some of us are better at that than others.

Jeth: I killed one last night and two more today. I know ninjas have been in the house- they left sword-prints in the butter.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

you know what kills mosquitos?



pandas.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

no its Chin Up , TITS out. DUR.


moo.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

i'll give you .11 for all of your books.

then i'll lace them with cocaine and sell them for an exorbitantly high price.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sass said...

Maybe I'm the dork but sitting around with a bunch of MBA grads having psuedo intelligent conversations sounds like fun. However I'm a tad bit to hungover for such activities

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Ummm, thanks? *laughing*

You do know that I'm mosquito phobic, right? Not in a normal phobic way, either. But a total screaming, swatting, conversation interrupting, look out I might hit you accidentally sort of way. Especially if they try to bite my butt.

--Jeanette

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

BTW, is the downstairs bathroom the one with the faces on the wallpaper?

It's very important that I know the answer to that question. I don't know why, it just is.

--Jeanette

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ESC- Nope

#3moo- Same same

Aide- With your access to all the really fancy drugs you'd go with something as mundane as coke? You really must try harder.

Sass- Sitting around making conversation is one thing. Hunched over an exam is another. So, I guess you're only half-a-dork.

J- I can totally imagine you going spastic over a tiny flying insect. Your six-foot wingspan knocking over lamps, pictures off the walls, in a tornado-like frenzy of hair. :)
And no, the faces are upstairs near my regular seat.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

i've got to appeal to the masses. does anyone other than me know the potency of zolpidem or propoxyphene? not so much.

cocaine is universal!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

There's an easy answer to all this, you realize. Goldfish in your downstairs bowl. Goldfish eat mosquito larvae.

This will also provide some excitement in your life the next time you have guests.

(And if the goldfish don't survive, well...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home