Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Twist and Shout

I am suddenly illiterate, unable to read the words in front of my face. I recognize the combinations of letters as words I once knew. English, the language I was brought up speaking and once taught to read and write, now as foreign as the clicks and whistles of dolphins. Thankfully I have a friend or two who can read warning signs, signs such as Dangerous Curves Ahead or Beware of Dog. I don't remember signing up for that service, but it's well worth the pittance. [I lost a good friend too.]

I'm now going to shout a particularly profane obscenity.

You couldn't hear it because you're not my roommate, who pounded on the wall and sent me an IM asking WTF? My apologies to his client who may or may not have heard me over the phone as well.

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Warning signs with words with it are so over-rated.

I prefer the bright yellow signs with the stick people in it. Like the guy doing the robot. And I'm not really sure what this means, but it reminds me to never to go out biking without my front wheel.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Must've been quite the obscenity...

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Dangerous Curves Ahead?

Somebody's been hanging out at Wild Wild West and it isn't me.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I love how in this day and age we never have to see our roommates if we don't want to.

My boss and I e-mail each other all day long with questions about this or that. She sits just on the other side of the wall from me.

IM, communication that goes through walls without yelling.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

#3: roommate? did i miss a month?

#3: nickelback is the new creed. T or F?

#3: i love a good string of expletives.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Beth- I was more concerned with the cyclist's dreadful haircut than his lack of front wheel.

KCTL- It's my favorite.

Crystal- Without you? Then who would total strangers insult? Certainly not me.

J- Sounds like my marriage.

#3moo- 3) I took in a renter back in November; 3) They're not even worth hating; and 3) String? This was only one word.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Allie said...

tee-hee.

that is all.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sass said...

you should not drink so much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home