Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nevermind

I know I'm losing my grip on reality when I stop talking to myself. I must have thought something terrible recently and now I'm getting the silent treatment. For someone like me, who likes to talk, the silent treatment is torture along the lines of Chinese Water Torture. Chinese water torture is the one where you get diarrhea, right? No, that's Montezuma's Revenge. Nevermind.

Neither of the roofers who were scheduled to show up today showed. I'm down to two finalists, competing for the honor of getting about 5000 of my dollars, and they've both completely blown the interview competition. I don't really care about the talent portion, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eager for the evening wear. And this isn't a pagent, it's a scholarship contest. Nevermind.

I went to the mall again today. I put a couple of albums on the mp3 player and walked around a bit. I checked out the sales. I checked out the salesgirls. Pity I can't afford either. My luck at the mall has improved considerably though, since on the last two trips I've seen VERY pretty women. Like the last one, this one wasn't hot in the conventional sense, but boy was I attracted to her. She was dressed quite nicely in a skirt and heels, and since I like the girly-girls (not so much the tomboys) it was ON. I've never done this before, but I actually turned a 180 and followed her for a bit. Ok, that's creepy. Let's say I didn't. Nevermind.

12 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Me said...

TH, sounds to me like you need a vacation. Anything to keep you from giving your own self the silent treatment. How rude is that? Here's hoping you get over it soon and go back to talking to yourself.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Beth said...

The conversations I have with myself are never intelligent, thought-provoking or funny. In fact, I have to tell myself to shut up from time to time.

I envy your silent treatment.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Sass said...

Grandma always said, "it's okay to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer yourself."

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Cootera- I have been thinking of having a nice romantic getaway all by myself.

Beth- Maybe you just don't have anything in common.

Sass- Is that like screening your calls?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

So, did you talk to her? Or did the police make you stop following her first?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Make sure you take pictures of the swimsuit competion. I like that best! ;)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Brighton said...

I think the interview is my fav part of the competition.
Be sure to throw in something about wanting whirled peas...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Peach- She was shopping on the guy side of The Gap. A not-so-subtle hint one way or another.

Kristin- I'd have to put the wide-ass-angle lens on my camera first.

Brighton- Why would *I* be the one to throw that in? Seems like it would make getting a new roof more expensive.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Remember your teachings, young one. A good ninja can follow his target without being noticed by anyone.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Ha! You are hilarious! Thanks for making my Thursday morning a laughing one.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Sensei- Word to my ninja

Crystal- Oh good. Finally a meaning in my life, making you laugh. :|

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger tonia said...

damn! I'm the tomboy type.
Figures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home