Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Do not exceed 2 Tinyhands per 24 hour period

I just took some pills. I didn't take more than the recommended dose, so you don't need to call 911 or anything. That would be a funny phone call though- Umm, some guy in Houston, I think, took some pills. No, I only took 2 but I wonder would it would be like to take more. Someone else wrote about that. It's not suicidal, it's curiosity. Since it seems that I didn't get the latest job I was up for, I wonder if anyone who knows me would really fault me if I did OD. I imagine they'd wonder how I held out this long. I like to think they'd be in awe. They'd say, "I knew this one guy who went like 6 months and he couldn't take it and finally stepped in front of the metro rail rather than watch another episode of Dr. Phil. But Tinyhands? Woo-boy!" I've gone a lot longer than that, and without the other things too. But I don't want to be forcibly cheered-up. I'd rather have someone agree with the logic of my depression than try to tell me that I'm wrong and should look on the bright side. Since when does disagreeing with someone actually help?

10 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Well, one could theorize that hypothetically, if one were to start an argument with a depressed person it would piss him off so much that the pissee would stay around to piss off the pisser. Or something like that.

All of that to say that anger can be great motivation.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger jungle jane said...

i constantly take way too many pills, but thats just for recreation.

i hate it when people try and perk you out of it when you are down. down feelings are there too be experienced too - especially if the circumstances are really shite.

i will, however, give you a large cyber hug...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Allie said...

I just wanna know what's the soundtrack to the too many pills show.

does one listen to extra depressing bands, like The Smiths, or depressing songs, love songs, hate songs....

discuss.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Extra depressing music helps. Sometimes you just want to be in the mood or state that you are in. Trying to be cheered up is an afront.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

J- Either that or the crime goes from just suicide to murder-suicide. ;)

Janey- Shite circumstances, like nothing good on TV, right?

Mimi- For me, it's always been The Beatles. Early stuff, like All My Loving. No idea why.

1L- Affront is such a good word.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Damn, I'm sending you all the karma I can muster man!!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

((((((hugs))))))) I'm sorry.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

err, yeah, good point. *thinks back* yeah, you only have my e-mail address, not my home address. okay. phew.

seriously, though, you know i struggle with depression so i understand what you're going through. depression sucks and so does the trigger of it. is anyone giving you feedback about why they're not hiring you? that was one thing the temp agencies were always good for, the buffer and translation so I got the real deal, such as it was.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I am constantly depressed. Some say it explains my pasty complexion and chronic masturbation. But I'm with you on just going with it.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Feel free to wallow in it. ODing is silly, because then you won't be around to find out what happens next, but wallowing is good for the soul. Ask any hippopotomus.

Just out of curiosity: what's the worst thing that could happen? And if it did, what would you do?

(Were those bad questions? If so, ignore them.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home