Monday, July 24, 2006

Can't Buy Me Love

Boy, that was a hard post to follow-up. I do that to myself, write something that's meaningful to me on one or more levels, and then stress about the encore. Even more difficult when I have nothing to report to you all. It's enough to make me crazy.

I have an idea for that NaNoWriMo thingy, but I've never been good at fleshing out the story. I'm good at the overall idea, but the details kill me. How in the hell could I write 50,000 words on the same subject, when I don't think I've written that many words in nearly 2 years on every other subject? Ok, I have no idea how many words I've written and I suppose I could dump all my entries into Word and have it count for me. I'm just anal enough to do something like that. Obviously, now I'm just writing whatever to increase my word count. Pathetic.

So I'm back to planning my "big" trip to Chicago, this time for the fall, maybe for my birthday in mid-October. There are so many museums and things to see, I can't pack it all into one week. I guess mid-October would be too late to catch a Cubbies game. At the very least I'd go take a tour of the park, considering I've used their address for all the junkmail online signups over the years. Don't tell me you put your actual address in those online forms do you? I always use a pseudonym, Elwood Blues, and his fake address - 1060 W. Addison St., Chicago, IL 60613. (For fun, put that address into Google Maps and click on "satellite") I'd love to know how much junk mail they get each year from other bozos like me. Anyway, I thought I'd like to drive up to Chi-town, going through Memphis and St. Louis, but it's quite a bit cheaper to fly. I've got lots of time to plan it, and plenty could go wrong between now and then. God forbid I get a job and have it get in the way of my vacation plans.

And before I forget, I'm offering free, 1-year subscriptions to my blog (a $49.95 value) to everyone who wishes Alison a happy birthday tomorrow (7/25). I was going to have my roommate, the graphic artist, make a picture of a cake with "1L" on the top, but people might think that's the Roman numerals and she's nowhere near that old.

5 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Crazy is good. Crazy can be real good. But not all the time, though, cause that's just weird.

:-D

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

you should definitely go in december. i hear the weather in chicago is excellent then.

:D

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Beth- Do be so kind as to let me know when I've gone insane. Preferably before I max out my VISA at the Penninsula Chicago.

Crystal- Just a bit warmer than you, I suspect. ;)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

wrigley field. i saw a subway series there. (do they call it subway series in chi? that's what they call it in NY when the mets play the yankees.) anyway, i always love an excuse to use google's satellite thingy. i like spying on my own apartment building or my childhood home. not sure why but it feels like spying.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

How odd. . . I was planning a trip to Chicago in October... seriously... very seriously

 

Post a Comment

<< Home