Monday, April 03, 2006

You think that's bad...

My nephews are dirty, foul little beasties, but they're well-loved so it's all good. On more than one occasion they've spilled something on something nice, either destroying it or making it not so nice anymore. And as tragic as that might seem, they're just kids and that's what kids do so nobody stays mad.

Recently the boys were out playing in the mud and got themselves covered from head to toe. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I'm told that it was caked so heavily in their ears that it looked like they'd been spackled shut. My sister just let them play, since they weren't causing any real harm and they weren't in much danger. But sooner or later everyone has to go inside and get cleaned up.

My sister peeled layers of clothing off of them, only to find more mud underneath. Caked underneath armpits, belly buttons, and just about everywhere imaginable I'm sure my sister thought for at least a second that they'd never come clean. As she stripped the little one naked and put him in the tub, there was even mud where once had been underpants. The little one looked down and with a whiny voice reminiscent of having spilled grape juice on the sofa cushions said,

"Mommy, my penis is RUINED!"

10 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Funny story. Maybe she should have hosed them off outside.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

Typical little guy... worried about the main thing!

Very CUTE story... to think that one day our own TH will have his own mud kids... ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

Tots for everyone!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Bloody kids, always ruining SOMETHING.:-)

(Actually, I read that first as "Mommy, my penis is BLIND!" I think I need new contact lenses.)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger boo said...

Ah bless his lil cotton sock... or should that be... mud socks!...

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Allie said...

lay down sally.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Gary- Knowing how dirty those two get, she should have fired up the 5hp power-washer.

Tart- The best part is that we get to remind him and his girlfriends of this in 15 years or so.

Theic- As a matter of fact, they ARE often bloody too. Not what you meant, but nebermind.

boo- I'm not familiar with that reference, but bless his lil, indeed.

Mimi- And rest you in my arms.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

AWWWWWWWW... poor little feller!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

Too bad there were no pictures of the mud fest.. would make for good rehersal dinner powerpoint too!

SMooch,
The Tart

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

man.... SYPHILLIS is a bitch.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

That is so freakin cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home