Thursday, March 30, 2006

My roommate/renter is a slob

I awoke naturally at 9am and turned on the tv. I went back to sleep and dreamt about being chased by alligators. The change of programming at 10am woke me up because, although I like the theme song, I hate the show. Changed channels and dozed for another half hour, in and out of consciousness. I got out of bed at 10:30 and made for the bathroom. Made, then turned on the shower. I brushed my teeth while the water warmed up. Lathered, rinsed, did not repeat. Towelled dry then booted the computer. Dressed while computer booted and checked the date on my watch. Checked a few blogs I still consider "special" then resumed homework. Started lunch at 12:30. Tots go in first while the oven is still heating. Chicken goes in when fully warm. Glass of tea while waiting. Refilled tea and ate in front of tv for 1pm rerun of last night's Daily Show. Checked the date on my watch. Rinsed dishes in sink and refilled tea. Resumed homework. Phone call from dad about new laptop. Saved homework to floppy disc and gathered books. Read a couple of emails and did the crossword. Checked traffic and the date on my watch. Set VCR to record shows. Fixed hair, brushed teeth, inserted contact lenses, donned nicer shirt, grabbed wallet. Shoes, keys, out the door. Traffic was unbelieveably good. Ate banana in car in parking lot while listening to NPR. Stopped by professor's office to inquire about tonight's lecture and if he can help me get a job. Printed lecture notes then put $1 into vending machine without receiving soda. Horribly, horribly long lecture. Checked the date on my watch several times. Drove home ok, nice new lanes on highway. Quick rinse in shower while computer booted. Snacked on pretzels while researching dad's laptop. Sent him the spreadsheet and checked the date. Read blogs. Wrote blog. Crawled into bed with book around 1:45am and eventually fell asleep.

6 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Allie said...

was the date on your watch correct?

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Watched the Daily Show? Listened to NPR???

What are you going to do today? Burn a flag? Get a graduate degree? Jeez.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mimi- Not sure, what day do you have?

ikeMay- The Daily Show and NPR are balanced by watching The View every morning too. And I don't burn the flag, I burn bald eagles.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

i would love to have your life. :)

i wouldn't have pegged you for iced tea. interesting.

kim

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

Yum........TOTS!

SMooch,
The Tart

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

thomas- I should go in there and photograph the filth.

kim- I live south of I-10, so it's iced tea with every meal.

Tart- There's always tots at Tiny's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home