Monday, August 08, 2005

The Monday After

I know you're wondering what kind of job an IT-guy with an MBA is qualified to hold: Babysitting.

I looked after my 9-year-old cousin today. She's between summer camp and the regular school semester this week and auntie needed me at the last minute. She and I had fun, though we didn't do anything we had planned on. We played "Presidential Flashcards" and I helped her look up Space Shuttle stuff online in the morning (she's a brilliant child, by the way). Met 'momma' at Jennie's for noodle bowls at lunch and then planned to drive down to the 'burb to go swimming.

[ We interrupt this story... oh my good gawd, you should have seen the beauty parked at the next table. I know most of my readers are women, but seriously, you would have choked on your noodles as well. Hmm, maybe "choked the noodle" wasn't the right turn of phrase here... ]

Unfortunately, my car had other plans and decided to overheat. We limped home and she exacted retribution (for failing to make good on swimming) by making me watch every crappy afternoon show on Animal Planet. I was operating on about 5.5 hours of sleep and that little devil child poked me in the ribs every damn time I tried to catch a wink. (Blogging 101- Repeat that last bit.) Every.damn.time. Auntie eventually came home and we took my car to the mechanic. So, we'll see what kind of balance swings my way after I get the bill. Karma demands twins.

7 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

noodle...gun...how many euphamisms do you texans need?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

we Texans like our euphemisms.


it's another word for kneecap.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Allie said...

Unfortunately, my car had other plans and decided to overheat


is that another euphamism?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ESC- One for every come-on you've ever IM'ed me.

#3moo- Heck, I can barely understand your North Texas dialect!

#1#3- Not if you're still in Hotlanna.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

(i'm not LAUGHING, you said that I would be LAUGHING!)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Mmm, twins.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Ahhh...babysitting. I haven't done that for a long time but I wouldn't mind a session!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home