Thursday, July 21, 2005

Disarray

The office here is a mess. One of the interns spilled coffee all over the absentee mail-in ballots in the 'next book to read' poll, turning the whole pile into a dark sticky mess. The auditors from [Ed. note: Name withheld per contract terms] invalidated the entire lot, and since no one voted online before the deadline I've had to decide for myself. I'm reading "The Last Samurai". Since two of the three books were on the theme of Japan and I don't want to read two in a row it came down to this or "Learning to Bow". But seeing as I'm already 20% into it, the die was cast.

Note to self: Do not watch "Hooking up". Do not TiVo it. Do not tape it.

7 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Sass said...

What's the point of asking the question when you already knew the answer.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Allie said...

i'm interesting on how the interview process for the interns was conducted.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Allie said...

*interested

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Sass- I wanted you to feel empowered.

Al- It's a lot like our affair, except that as interns I don't have to pay them.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sass said...

Just curious, have you read A Brave New World Revisted?

"Huxley checks the progress of his prophecies in his seminar novel Brave New World thirty years after it was first published, covering issues such as overpopulation, propaganda, the art of selling and brainwashing, drugs and political control."

I picked it up today

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

I'm afraid my library is sorely lacking in the "Modern Classics" by such recognized masters as Aldous Huxley, Joseph Heller, Kurt Vonnegut, and J.D. Salinger. John Steinbeck, Harper Lee- yes, I know who they are, but I've never read their works. Anything else in particular you'd like to recommend?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Thanks for the tip and let me know how the book is.. I'm boycotting Tom Cruise. I'm sick of watching him suck face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home