Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday

It was a bad day for blogging. Fewer than half of you wrote anything, one of you removed a post in the evening that had been there in the afternoon, and one of you gave up writing altogether. I don't know what else to say- Your mother and I are very disappointed in you.

I've gotten caught up on all the programs I've taped over the last few weeks. Back episodes of The Comeback which just isn't funny (unless you think pathetic is funny, which some of you obviously do since you laugh at me) and Spy which is a fun BBC reality show with such lovely accents. They let the guy from Northern Ireland go, which is a shame because he had an awesome brogue. The cute little Glaswegian is still in it though. Yay! Also caught a show on Discovery HD Theater (HDTV-only Discovery Channel) entitled Fantastic Festivals of the World. This episode was the World Buskers Festival from Christchurch, New Zealand (Hi Theic!) and featured some of the most beautiful landscapes you've ever seen (assuming you slept through Lord of the Rings, as I did). I shed a few tiny tears for living here instead of there, but nothing like the hot, salty tears from the episode featuring Hong Kong's Lantern Festival.

As soon as I mention how regular my exercise has been, I get hobbled by an injury. I don't know what I did, but the arch of my foot has been killing me nonstop for over a week now. I'm thinking Plantar Fasciitis, since I can definitely feel it whenever I pronate or supinate my step, but it's not really my heel that hurts. It feels a bit like a charley horse in the middle of my foot. Not pleasant. I walked about 2.5 miles friday night and barely made it home. 2 miles tonight and, although I'm not limping anymore, its got quite a bit more healing to do. Going down the stairs is torture. I'm just thankful it's my left, as I masturbate with the right.

16 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Ignoring your masturbation comment and moving on to say, cut off the foot.

That's why you have two.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Allie said...

which one do you paint with?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

now that is a trick!

and i know you aren't commenting on the frequency with which people blog, since you wait at least 3-5 days between posts!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Try stretching out your calf muscles with both your knees straight (gastrocs) and knees bent (soleus). Sometimes these muscles pull on the tendon which pull on the plantar fascia.
After that, go see a ninja.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sass said...

You busted me.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KTp- What will I do with all of my shoes? I can't give a dozen left shoes to Goodwill.

#3ga- Hey lady, that ain't a paintbrush.

Aide- Fortunately if I go more than 48 hours I can look forward to half a dozen "Update!" comments from you.

Jeth- That's under "Podiatric Assassins" in the yellow pages.

Sass- Well yeah, but I didn't mention any names. You outed yourself.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

hey, i haven't said anything about your lack of updating in quite some time. i'e gotten used to your flow.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I'd watch.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Hooch said...

For your sake I hope it isn't plantar fasciitis. Are you getting start up pain (sore feet when you first place them on the floor after sleeping?)

Try rolling the arch of your foot around firmly on a tennis ball, it helps stretch out that tendon.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide- And I've gotten used to you TALKING without saying anything ;)

Z- Whahuh?

Hooch- It was pretty tender this morning, but I assumed it was especially so because of exercise last night. I'll try the ball trick.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

if you could see my face, you would be getting the most evil look known to man.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger boo said...

Maybe this is how you injuried your foot?... using it as a wanking tool... that's got to stretch something...

I'm impressed you can understand british accents... esp glasgow... some london peeps... can't!...

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Hooch said...

I'd say that trying the ball trick may have been what gave you the sore foot in the first place!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I'd watch you masturbate with your right. I'm curious.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide- Funny how you and I are able to communicate without seeing each other face to face.

boo- It's not nearly a foot, if that's what you were thinking.

hooch- More likely the foot trick gave me sore balls.

Z- Oh. Bring a note from Jeth.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

bitch, im home now. adore me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home