Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Talent

I watched Ray last night. I didn't think it was great, but it was good and very enjoyable. If anything, it gives you an idea of the kind of talent that exists in the world. Take Georgia on my Mind, for example. At a time when he (and most other top artists) were making hit records with a 5-piece band, he brings a string orchestra and full vocal chorus into the studio. And then there's the lyric, actually written by Stuart Gorrell. (aside: I hate calling the words to a piece of music lyrics, ploural. It's just my thing.) I have a bad habit of (intentionally) substituting other words into songs just because they fit, so I've been singing Utah on my Mind all day.

One of the more controversial theories about Ray's early life that the movie didn't explore (and naturally, I wish that they had) was that his blindness at age 7 was the result of being attacked by ninjas.

In other news, I've just now noticed that setting myself invisible in Yahoo! messenger doesn't actually make me invisible. I thought I'd frighten the UPS man, and while I think I succeeded it was not due to being invisible.

Happy Cheap Cerveza Day!

4 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

bwahaha! ninjas. invisibility.

I'm invisible all the time. It freaks out the dog.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

um duh. you need the ring to be invisible. helloooooooo!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Corona's all around. It's my favorite birthday!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I bought a ninja on horseback yesterday. You wind it up and it gallops. (Well, it sort of bunnyhops, but that doesn't sound right.)

It is not invisible.

How did you frighten the UPS man? Did you answer the door naked?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home