Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'll give you something to complain about

How about if I shut off the electricity for 5 and a half hours? No TV. No internet. How you like me now? What are you going to do, cry? Go on, cry, baby, cry. And reset all the damn clocks.

How about if I make you crave the chicken wings, but make you chicken-wing-intolerant? Spend some quality time on the crapper. Yeah, I know you like it like that. Bring one of your text books, you still need to read those.

Still want to complain about that other pitiful shit?

The power flickered at 7am, then went out for good at 8. Normally I sleep until 10 or 11, but when the power went off I didn't know what to do with myself. I cleaned and straightened up around the house. At 8-damn-30 in the morning. I shuffled around for the next 3 hours and decided to call the foetus for lunch. I love the chicken wings, but they hate me.

In retrospect, the day wasn't all that bad. If the power had gone out at night, I'd be doubly screwed. In addition to the other things I'd have to do without there'd be no security lights to ward off the ninjas.

I skipped dinner somehow, and I'm not one to miss a meal. I got on some wild goose chase about installing a different media player that would take advantage of all my surround sound gear. Would anyone else care? Do I care? I wound up so frustrated that it did everything except play DTS tracks that I nearly put my foot through the damn TV. Something else to complain about.

I spent probably 4 hours playing with that damn thing. I spent almost as many hours reading a blog yesterday. I am still fascinated by Japan and the Japanese. I haven't been able to decide whether I want to set my sights on China or Japan after I graduate. They each have their pluses and minuses, but seeing the pictures of Kyoto and the Ise shrine reminded me of the first time I felt my version of "at peace." It's what will have to suffice for religion and I think I'm being called home. I miss it the way you miss a travelling loved-one. I still have so many major issues to work out (job/money/visa, language, etc.) but I'm going to approach this like it's any other business project. I'll work out the critical path, a gantt chart. I'll just break down the major questions into smaller and smaller pieces until they're manageable.

And the women will flock to me, since gantt charts are like spanish fly.

5 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Just hearing the words "gnatt chart" makes me go weak in the knees. Well, either that, or you've just compared woman to geese? ;)

Having a power failure at night reveals a lot about how comfortable we've become. What do you DO with no electricity to keep yourself entertained?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger boo said...

first off... jigsaws!... no electricity required... and what the hell is "gnatt chart"?... some weird american cult?... it wouldn't suprise me!... and sitting around waiting... for your loved one... probably not good... what if she's doing the same?...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

ahahaha! i love the power of the chicken wings!

and, if the textbook bores you, I find that heldheld electronic yahtzee is a nice way to mix things up while spending quality time with the bathroom.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

3sth3r - Worse still, no access to pron!

boo - What is a gantt chart?

aide - I'm not sure, but I think yahtzee conflicts with my religious upbringing. My parents would be so ashamed.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Religion, eh?

Well, if yahtzee creates a conflict, try handheld electronic othello, boggle, or solitaire. All of which are located in my bathroom.

Is that sad or cool?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home