Monday, April 25, 2005

Getting to know you, round 1

Tonight I've developed a little quiz for my regulars. Apologies to anyone I may have left out. It was not intentional, and precisely the reason I don't have a "links to other blogs" list over in the column.

Match the Blogger to his/her Theme Song:
The object of the game is easy - match them up. I've intentionally omitted links to the blogs. You should take this chance to get to know each other, if you don't already...in other words, WORK TOGETHER!

BloggerSong Title [Artist]
1. AllisonA. Africa [Toto]
2. BrightonB. Black Coffee In Bed [Squeeze]
3. ChristelC. The Cisco Kid [War]
4. CeeKayD. Creeps Like Me [Lyle Lovett]
5. Regan/ESCE. Doctor! Doctor! [Thompson Twins]
6. EstherF. Down Under [Men At Work]
7. HeatherG. Fly [Sugar Ray]
8. HoochH. Georgia On My Mind [Ray Charles]
9. JethroI. Jailhouse Rock [Elvis Presley]
10. Kate The PeonJ. Mr. Roboto [Styx]
11. MikeK. My Best Friend's Girl [The Cars]
12. StaceyL. Out Of My Head [Fastball]
13. Badaunt/TheicM. She Blinded Me With Science [Thomas Dolby]
14. ToniaN. Teddy Bear [Elvis Presley]
15. ZeldaO. Treat Her Like A Lady [Jimmy Buffet]

Now some of these are pretty easy, and I expect you to get them pretty quickly. It's worth noting that I've taken slight liberties in picking a song for some of you. In some cases it's the title that applies to you, others may be a lyric. I tried to pick from songs you all had a reasonable chance of knowing, regardless of whether or not you like the song. (If I was picking songs I thought you would like, nobody would get more than 1 or 2 right.) I've also had to leave out songs like The One I Love [R.E.M.] since it might apply to more than one of you. Tomorrow, or in the near future, I'll post some of the rejected choices I considered for some of you.

Edit: Round 2 coming soon to a blog near you. I can't believe I forgot those that have been left out. (Thanks for the code hint April!)

27 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

And I'll give bonus points to anyone who can tell me how to remove all the empty lines ahead of the table...it's not in the html, so far as I can tell.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Hooch said...

I'll take the (hopefully) easy one...

5 - M

and now the song is stuck in my head!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

You are far too cute, TH. But then, you knew that. And mine is adorable. If I'm right, of course. :)

1-K
2-O
5-M
6-A
9-E
10-N

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

I hope 9 is M because that would be hysterical. But it's probably E. As for the rest, I haven't a clue. Even for myself.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Allie said...

wow - this is interesting - i don't even know my own ... but i have some ideas ... here are a couple of guesses.

3 b
5 m
9 e

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Brighton said...

Gah! I don't even know my own theme song. Sad.
Let's see-
1.?
2.Treat Her Like A Lady
3.?
4.?
5.She Blinded Me With Science
6.Africa
7.?
8.?
9.Doctor Doctor
10. Black Coffee In Bed or BBB
11. Georgia On My Mind
12.?
13.?
14.?
15.Out Of My Head (this is soo a guess)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Kate - 5 points
Brighton - 4 points
Allie - 3 points
Hooch/Zelda - 1 point each

Working together you've got 6 of them.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Louie,

I don't know if I'm the "Mike" in question (damn this name!), but if so I'm going to guess that I'm the "Cisco Kid" because I am so cleverly from San FranCISCO and...well... I have a kid?

If this quiz were more accurate, my song would be "I'm too sexy for this shirt".

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1 point. A total of 7. It should get easier from here people.

And I never considered "I'm too sexy" for you. It was almost "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)"

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

This is so GREAT! OK, now I'll see if I can figure any of it out!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Ape- You know, I really almost included you but wasn't sure if you'd read it and thus not play. I feel like poop for leaving you out. I've forgotten (at least) 3 other important women, but those were honest mistakes, so I'll have to do a "Round 2" soon. You can still make your guesses for this one. Please?

I read something about "meme" lists on about.com as blog topics. I call this a "youyou".

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Since I hate failure, I'm going to just give up before I start.

That said...

Doesn't Badaunt live in Japan? I think "Mr. Roboto" is hers because of the line that's in Japanese.
"Doomo arigato, Mr. Roboto..."

Horrible song, by the way. And gosh, my Japanese is rusty.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

damn. i don't know half these people.

now I'm going to have to get link click happy to figure it out!!!!

work! everything is work!

(overdramatic and whiney enough for ya?)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Heather- 1 Point. 7 to go.

I guess everyone has given up :(

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hooch is "Down Under".

Why can't I figure out my own?

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

hmmm my only guess is those that have already been decided. i got ESC's right away...the others...a bit more tricky.

fun!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Heather- 2 points, 6 to go.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

1 = h
2 = g
3 = b
4 = l
5 = m
6 = a
7 = d
8 = f
9 = i
10 = n
11 = c
12 = o
13 = j
14 = e
15 = k

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm not familiar with any of Lyle Lovett's work, but "Creeps Like Me" doesn't sound like a very flattering song. Dangit.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

If I'm wrong on my own, then I think I've steered everyone else that way, too. :) The more I think about it, the more I think mine is B, because I don't think anyone else would understand why mine would be N. ;) Except TH, of course.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Finally, blogger unscrews itself...

So far:
Christel - 10 right
Kate - 5 right
Brighton - 4 right
Allie/Heather - 3 right
Hooch/Zelda/Mike - 1 each

2 still incorrect

Katey Bear - If you think you're correct, you should say so. Nobody is justifying any of the answers, so maybe someone has a better justification for B than you do. That's why I said "work together".

Heather - It's more about me and our "Eww, mister" relationship. :)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Well, hardly anyone is providing justification. Mike did a good job explaining his, and Heather did a good job explaining Badaunt's.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i dont have to justify anything... right now i am WINNING!!!!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Your 'following', dare I say harem, is quite impressive. The communities created through blogs continually amaze me.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Nicci- As much as I might wish "harem" actually applied, one or two of the husbands might not think it's so cool. There's always room for one more though ;)

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Oh bugger. I get buried in work and miss all the fun.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

You were missed :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home