Sunday, April 03, 2005

What words

What words can I give to you that are my own? I would tell you that I love you, but you won't hear of it. I would tell you that I don't, and you say you already know. I would tell you that I have no idea and your response is the same, if you can be bothered to tell me so. I would like to tell you that we should spend more time together. I need some time apart. I'm not funny. You're not sad. Neither one of us is really as upset as we appear to be. A little drama never hurt anyone.

What words can I give to you that someone else already said? I wasn't the one who hurt you. I've only told you things you already know but that other person said it so much better. And the music that went with it was nice. You could have danced to that music but you're too damn stubborn. I tried to tell you about a nightmare I had- I was getting married again. The woman on TV the other day said 50% of marriages fail, while 2 out of 3 second marriages also fail. You scare me a little, getting so close to me. I scare you a lot, getting so close to you. Just close your goddamn eyes already.

How much easier would it be if you loved me and I loved you too? It would all be over that much sooner, instead of drawn out and twisted. I've looked and looked for you, but I can only see where you've been. Everything we see is looking into the past, like the light from distant stars that shone a hundred thousand years ago. The light from our own sun is 8 minutes old, and the lamp by my bed illuminates an imperceptibly recent past. You're much farther away than I imagined. What words would bring you back to me?

4 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Allie said...

good morning tiny. i liked that ... yay you.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Powerful post, TH.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

wow. i loved this one.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home