Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Your words, not mine

Why am I soft in the middle? The rest of my life is so hard. I need a photo-opportunity. I want a shot at redemption. I don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard. There are millions of people in worlds of their own. And two of them can't let go. If you search for tenderness, it isn't hard to find. You can have the love you need to live. But if you look for truthfulness, you might just as well be blind. It always seems to be so hard to give. They like to get you in a compromising position. They like to get you there and smile in your face. They think they're so cute when they've got you in that condition. Well I think it's a total disgrace. Don't think me unkind, words are hard to find. They're only checks I've left unsigned, from the banks of chaos in my mind. I feel like I'm pounding on a big door, no one can hear me knocking. I feel like I'm falling flat to the floor, no one can catch me from falling. My life is a house, you crawl through the window and slip across the floor and into the reception room. You enter the place of endless persuasion like a knock on the door when there's ten or more things to do. Who's going to tell you when it's too late? Who's going to tell you things aren't so great? You can't go on thinking nothing's wrong. It's a sunny day in sunny California. That old sun is shining on me right here at home. It's one of those days when those great ideas they just seem to fall out on you, and they always fall the greatest when you're falling all alone. This is the room where I sat and waited until the morning. Watching the door you slammed so hard it broke the windows. Love can be a many splendored thing, can't deny the joy it brings. A dozen roses, diamond rings, dreams for sale and fairy tales. You don't need it every day, but sometimes don't you just crave to disappear within your mind. You never know what you might find. Took a midnight train headed way back east. Left behind some pain in hopes of finding some peace. I fortunately caught one bound for my old neighborhood. Either way, between us, it's good. Oh what a lovely day to have a slice of humble pie, recalling of the while we used to drive and drive. Here and there going nowhere but for us, nowhere but the two of us. Now I can remember like it was only yesterday. Love was young and foolish like a little child at play. But oh how lovers change -- I never dreamed how easily, 'cause now I'm just a shadow of the boy I used to be. I was feeling cold and tired, yeah, kinda sad and uninspired. And when it almost seemed too much I see your face and sense the grace and feel the magic in your touch.

8 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Mr. Bone Digger, what an interesting story you weave.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Allie said...

Took a midnight train headed way back east. Left behind some pain in hopes of finding some peace. I fortunately caught one bound for my old neighborhood. Either way, between us, it's good.

funny you should mention that one ... a kickin friend of mine sent me that song last night.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Over the bridge we go, looking for love.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

kTp- I should have called this "Their words, not mine" so that I can follow up (sometime in the nebulous future) with one entitled "Your words" with snippets of everyone else's blogs.

Al- A friend who sends you songs? Hold on to that one.

Theic- Velvet Underground? *shudder* Please tell me it's not the other one.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

She was physically forgotten
Then she slipped into my pocket
With my car keys
She said you've taken me for granted
Because I please you
Wearing these diamonds

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

i love this, ps.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Occurred to me - the title - that's from JCS, yes?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

#3moo- Ooooh. As if you know what I'm talking about.

Aide- *curtsy*

ktP- Whahuh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home