Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Could

I could ask them to play your favorite song.
I could quote the lyrics.
I could scream at the top of my lungs.
I could write my own poem.
I could pound on the keys.
I could race over there to see you.
I could gather you in my arms.
I could balance your checkbook.
I could sway gently in the breeze.
I could plant a flower garden for you.
I could remember your birthday.
I could take your mind off of work when you come home.
I could explain to your mom that you're not here.
I could cook with a little less garlic.
I could tell you what a fool he was.
I could confess what a fool I was.
I could keep quiet during your favorite show.
I could request a quiet table in the back.
I could hold your hand when it hurts.
I could assure you that I don't mind.
I could show you off to my friends.
I could bring you to my favorite bench in the park.
I could be wasting my time wishing.
I could make you ring the bell a second time.
I could let you in.
I could go on and on.

16 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

You're in love aren't you. I can tell. It's my feminine intuition.

(I hope you don't have a truck.)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Loved it.

And for the record, I would love to see your favorite bench in the park, and I don't keep a checkbook. :)

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Allie said...

all manner of swooning happening here.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I could leave a comment.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

Can you balence my checkbook? It's a mess.

I could make you a big fancy dinner in return. :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Theic- In love with you, my little wasabi kiwi.

kTp- Maybe when we get back from Costa Rica?

Al- Do not read my blog while driving.

Mike- I could have guessed you'd say that.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

How ever did she let you slip away?

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

could or should?

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ESC- Just send me all your account numbers and PINs...I'll straighten it out.

Z- I know you'd never make that mistake.

Jeth- Clever boy. See above.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Not a chance, baby.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

oooo it's cute. i like it a lot.

sigh...

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

YOUR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:

1. The phone rings. You answer it. Someone says, "Remember me?" Who is it?
2. You did it! Nobody thought you would, but you did! What did you do?
3. What was your greatest fear when you were 10(ish)?
4. What's the meanest trick you've ever played on anybody?
5. What's the last thing that made you laugh unexpectedly and loudly and without restraint?

(With me, huh? Leave the truck at home. We've got to give this thing time to get off the ground.)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger me said...

wow. i leave for one week...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

lucky girl.


too bad she has a tail.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Post, damnit!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

seriously. post something. i'm going through withdrawl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home