Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Next

Fine, fine- My apologies to all the cat people whom I offended by pointing out that cats are stupid. Whether I'm right or you're wrong, I promise I'll keep that tidbit to myself next time.

Next, kudos to Tuesday's "Blogger of the Day" - Tasty Stacey. She never fails to find the hidden little joke, whenever I'm clever enough to hide one. Not today, however. Or did I? *evil laugh* What does Stacey win for being BotD? For the remainder of Tuesday I've changed the name of this blog to "as told to Tasty".

Several of you asked if "destroy the village and obliterate the crops" from yesterday's entry was a euphemism for something. No, I'm sorry, it's not. It's just me stomping around on my deck making a growling sound and batting at the shrubberies in slow motion. Next thing you know the neighbor's dog is barking up a storm and I retreat back into the house. (Ok, nobody asked, but I would have kept it anonymous if you had.)

My sister is scheduled to be induced into labor tomorrow evening. They're expecting it to be a baby girl, but I still think it'll be another sticky boy. I've seen what the first two look like, and there's no reason to believe that this one will be any better, but I know some people think all babies are cute. Any consensus whether I should take some pictures to post next week? (Seriously, day one babies rank just below dead rat-bird offerings on the cuteness scale. But I never said this wasn't a horror-blog.)

9 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

It's not just one-day babies. When I first met my brother's first kid, who was four months old at the time, I was speechless. Everything that popped into my head was unsuitable. "Can you take it back for a refund?" "Are you SURE it's human?" "God! It looks like an overweight ET!" etc etc

"Isn't he cute," just wasn't feasible. They would have known I was lying, because he wasn't.

Their second kid was cute. Perhaps they got better with practice.

(The first one became cute later, but I think they swapped him when nobody was looking.)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

Just keep the sticky gross baby away from the cat.

Talk about a horror show...

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Allie said...

in my mind's eye you were naked while stomping around on the deck.
that is all.
carry on.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

LOOKIT! I'm temporarily famous. Thank you evah so!

I've seen a precious few teensy babies who were actually pretty. My verybestfriend actually gives birth to first-day gorgeous children, but she's always been an overachiever. Bitch.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

They are too cute. You're just jealous because you want all the attention. The second they were born I though mine were perfectly beeeeyoootyful. :-)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Go ahead and post the picture. You can do a before and after.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I'm sure I'll feel differently when I pop out a kid, but all the babies I've seen in the first couple days after birth (unless C section delivered) all look like tubular aliens. Can't imagine why that is.

Heh heh ... whether I'm right or your wrong. You crack me up.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

I'm going to agree-when I was 13 my baby brother was born and my mom handed him to me like 5 hours after he was born. I made a face and said, "Mom, why is he so ugly? I thought babies were supposed to be cute."

I don't think she could have cried harder. Because, as she later admitted, she was thinking the exact same thing.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

allie,
he WAS naked, BUT he was wearing boots. not of the cowboy variety, wellllll MAY-BE... but i picture more of a work/hiking boot. something in a suede. camel colored. untied.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home