Monday, April 04, 2005

N/A

For the one of you who asked, yes I really did have a dream about getting remarried, and yes it was a nightmare. It was very short, so there's not much to tell, other than somehow it was the day before I was to remarry. I was nervous as hell (as I was the first time around) and thinking I wouldn't go through with it, but it was the day before so I figured it was too late to back out. What really made it a nightmare was that looked around and saw it was my ex-wife I was about to remarry. I woke up panicked, only to hear the story on TV (which was on, since I was in my snoozing-phase of waking up) about 2 out of 3 second marriages failing.

In other news, there's been some confusion over my lack of telephoning. See, I'm wireless, completely without landline telephone. I have a plan cheaper than the cheapest one possible because I've been a customer of this company forever, which has been bought out 4 times and my plan keeps getting grandfathered in. Add to that a "national discount" through a company I haven't worked for in over 2 years, and I've got a cheap damn plan. Granted, I only have 200 minutes per month, so I can't talk long...but I can, in fact, talk on the phone. I know you're thinking it's impossible to survive on only 200 minutes, but I manage. I've got that whole 1st incoming minute free thing, so if you're just calling from the gate for me to let you in, no problem. The real bonus is that my mom knows I've gone over a few times and gotten hit with huge fees. I use this knowledge whenever she calls, since all I have to do is say "Mom, I really don't have the minutes to hear about the cysts you had aspirated on the dog..." Mom doesn't know about the first incoming minute free, otherwise I'd get a lot more calls from her, along the lines of "HiIknowyoucan'ttalklongsoIjustwantedtotellyouthatyourfatherisgoingtoaretreatthis weekendsoifyouwanttocomeoversometimeandhavedinnerwithmejustcomeonover andwe'llfiguresomethingoutmaybethosecrabcakesyoulikesomuchormaybewe'llgo outandgetmusselssincewehaven't donethatinalongtime.Loveyoubyedear."

And while it would be funny as hell to do that to my mom, I'm just not that mean.

4 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

You SURE you're not that mean? You're close, aren't you...fess up. You WANT to trick dear old mum, I can tell.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

If your psyche works anything like mine, you're about to feel a LOT more liberated from the first marriage. Shortly after I dreamed that I was being forced to remarry "Mark,", I dreamed that I was waving goodbye to him. It was great.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Mmm, seafood! I'm hungry.

(We're a bit telephonobic (telephobic?) around here. We have a landline with four (FOUR!) extensions. One of them actually works. The others will ring, but when you pick them up the person gets cut off.

No mobile phones. I'm thinking about it, but so far can't think of a good reason to have one.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Sounds like you have Sprint for a carrier?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home