Monday, October 11, 2004

DAMN

There was something I wanted to tell you today, but I plopped in front of the tube and now there's nothing left in either lobe. How about a blog report instead?

Today's score- 1:34:6 - That's one good one, 34 bad ones, 6 neutral.
Among the bad ones were the usual collection of crap and one exceptional piece of crap that I found offensive. It seems that one of the multitude of Singaporeans that blogs has as his primary website a get rich scheme for investing in the Asian stock markets. The blog was not commentary on success or failure, strategy discussions, or anything remotely redeemable. The blog was entirely about how to get his primary website to show up first in a Yahoo search. It wasn't like this was just one aberrant post either, it was day after day of "I was #1 last week, now I'm #19- What happened!?" As a comparatively decent human being trying to get an actual business degree, I found this guy utterly repellent. I also had to mark the ones written in languages other than English as crap. I know, it's terribly ethnocentric of me, but the odds are really in my favor that they suck in their own language too.

There were 6, however, that I just couldn't force myself to mark as bad. I don't remember all of them, but one was a decent kid with a good head on his shoulders, and one of the others was a gay Navajo indian, raised on a reservation now living in the city. I know, I couldn't believe that I just randomly hit that one either. (aside: I swear I'm not searching for blogs- I only hit the next button.) The content was too tedious for my tastes, so I won't go back, but I also couldn't bring myself to say that it sucked.

The good one though might not stand out on your radar, but there was something about it I definitely liked. Engineers might call it a "sympathetic vibration." Hopefully she'll post a comment then you can stalk her yourself. Oh yeah, it broke today's Rule for Blogs that Suck, but I'm a sucker for wimmens who write personal stuff, so I'll let it slide.

Today's Rule for Blogs that Suck:
- If, in the descriptive paragraph of your blog, you use the words rantings, ramblings, scribblings, drivel, madness, or their synonyms, your blog sucks.

Today's Corollary for Blogs that Suck:
-If, in the descriptive paragraph of your blog, you describe yourself as insane, demented, deranged, a lunatic, mental, psychotic, or their synonyms, your blog sucks.

Last thing: I need a name for blog surfing, since I don't like calling it blog surfing. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Glad you liked my stuff.
And, yes, unless otherwise noted, everything on my blog is written by me.

So did I escape the "Your Blog Sucks" report card, since I do know the correct usage of "your" vs. "you're" and whatnot?

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Well, I'm glad you think my blog sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home