Saturday, August 28, 2004

Not funny today

No, I'm in the mood to be a little expressive and serious tonight. If you came here looking for fart jokes or a good bird-crapped-on-my-head story you can stop now. I had an enormous burst of creative energy earlier in the week and wrote out a half dozen blog entries and saved them as drafts, but I'm just not feeling funny at the moment. If I went to the drafts right now and tried to get one ready for publishing, I'd just wind up editing the life out of it (aside: That's how I work- Write, rewrite, repeat. Sorry, I'm no Amadeus.) and it wouldn't work. It would be trying too hard. Hell, even if I was in the mood it might not be funny, and that would be so off-putting.

I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" this evening, and for some reason I don't mind telling you that I cried like a chick through much of it. I'm a little embarassed to admit that part of the tears were just me feeling sorry for myself. This BEAUTIFUL woman has had her life ripped to shreds, but has these great, supportive friends. She screws up her courage and chucks it all to live this fantasy new life, and she's so alone you wouldn't blame her for jumping off a cliff. She finds momentary happiness here & there, but nothing seems to stick. The gorgeous white dress. That unbelieveable field of red flowers...I had to pause the movie.
I shed hot salty tears when she realizes she got everything she wished for. I won't ruin the ending if you haven't seen it...

I've had a moment of enlightenment kind of like hers. Several years ago, completely out of the blue and totally unrelated to anything I was thinking or doing at the time. Nearly drove my car off the road when it hit me. The details are unimportant, except to say that I've been trying to live up to it ever since.

MusicChoice [Party Favorites, Ch 797] has been been playing "Got to Give it Up (Part 1)" by Marvin Gaye all weekend and it's on again now, so I think I'll get up to groove and spin around the room a bit.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

Loved the movie too & almost posted a Marvin Gaye song last night. ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home