Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Burned the ramen today

I read other blogs for about 2 hours this afternoon and came to two conclusions VERY quickly:
1) I must change the name of my blog,
2) I must avoid, at all cost, under penalty of death, using words like miscellany, random, and their ilk in my titles.

"Random" is probably the most over-used adjective in blog titles and does nothing to make me want to read it. I can only assume you feel the same way.

In other news:
I watched "Bend It Like Beckham" last night. Bloody good flick, that one. The lead male character "Joe" was Irish and naturally had a cool accent. Woke up this morning and decided that I would speak with an Irish accent all day. Girls love foreign accents. The phone only rung once and it was a wrong number, so the only person to hear the accent didn't know that I don't really have an accent. Nevertheless, the accent was dead-on inside my head for things like the discussion of what I would make for lunch or dinner. I missed Jeopardy and since I usually shout out the answers I think the accent would have held up for that too. Had I been on the real show, Alex and I would have had a good chuckle. I also noticed that I don't have a fake-accent when I sing along to the radio. Interesting.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger tonia said...

i need to see that movie still. and i'd like to hear the accent - accents *are* SO sexy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home