Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Commercials

Two commercials I like: Kiwi Carpet Cleaning and Singulair (allergy medicine). I like the Kiwi commercial because it starts "Carpet Stain, SHMARPET stain" and that reminds me of my buddy Joe who does that with everything. "Dead hooker, SHMED hooker" he's been known to say. As for Singulair, I just like the chick...that's some shiny red lipgloss she's sporting and I just can't get enough. I want her to dump the farm guy and come eat sushi in the big city with me. We'll share our hopes and dreams. She'll tell me stories about her childhood. We'll laugh and then do a lot of kissing.

Two commercials I hate: Cadillac and Mercedes-Benz. Odd that they're both car-commercials, and I have a genetic predisposition to like cars (read: y-chromosome). The Caddy commercial shows a bunch of sophisticated European luxury cars "dancing" to classical music. The loud, brash, American car crashes the party and scares all the other cars by turning doughnuts on the dance floor. Naturally, the American car is inappropriately attired (it's silver, the Europeans are in black). The rest of the world hates Americans because of our luxury cars! The Mercedes commercial is a slideshow of people posing with their cars, then ends with the caption, "No one ever poses with their toaster." Oh, yeah? Chew me Mr. Daimler. I love my Cuisinart, wide-slot, model CPT-45, white.
Toaster

Today's blog tally- 1:30:1

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I didn't know you had a blog. It is funny. I'm going to link you if you don't mind.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

By all means. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

p.s. you are still welcome for the use of "chew me"

its so damned appropriate, no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home