Monday, May 01, 2006

A blog without an immigrant

It's rare that I post about current events, but I just thought I'd share with you that I support the immigrants. Especially the crazy-hot (note: that's hyphenated, not two separate adjectives) ones who come up here from places like Brazil to shoot Victoria's Secret ads and swimsuit calendars, but I don't want to over-generalize. In my opinion, there isn't all that much wrong with the current immigration law. It's the proposed changes to said laws that are causing all the hoopla. Don't fix it if it ain't broke, right? Terrorists entering the country through Mexico? Hype, hysteria, fear-mongering. Put 12 million illegal aliens in jail? I ain't paying for that! Well, that's my take on the current events.

Both the network and local news ran stories about protests and marches and stuff that happened today. Honestly? I wasn't really paying attention. I glanced at the TV a few times and everybody was speaking spanish, so I'm not absolutely positive they were protesting the proposed changes in Congress. To tell the truth, I thought I had sat on the remote and changed the channel over to Telemundo. I don't speak spanish, so I'm afraid that if they want my support they're going to have to ask for it in words that I understand. Please note that this does not mean I think everyone must speak english, another current topic of debate. I'm merely saying that if you want me to understand you, it needs to be in english. If you don't care what I think or need my support for an issue, go right ahead and roll your Rs. (But I love churros in any language.)

In other news, there are many possible positive changes taking place in my life at the moment. So as I transition from illness to wellness I'm stretched a little thin in other places right now and I don't want to go into too much detail lest I jinx it as before. I feel confident enough to say that I did, in fact, pass my final final and will graduate. Other details, which you can probably imagine, will have to wait until after the fact.

8 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

Historia de Misterio!

Smooch,
The Tart

Psssssssst. Good luck!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i couldn't go on after i read the word hoopla


did you really just use that word? like in a sentence? correctly? for real?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I had the same thoughts yesterday regarding the protests (well, minus the crazy-hot VS model thing), especially the protesting in Spanish. Were you one of the voices in my head?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Allie said...

sting, stang, stung.

i'm mad about you.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Joss: Agradezca a dios por el traductor del internet.

#3moo: Oh do try to go on.

KCTL: In your head? Not what I was aiming for.

Mimi: Yes yes, but how much longer?

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

Very funny ... mi tipo loco!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

BTW R U in town this weekend? Houston.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Sass said...

i thought about calling in to work as Mexican but i didn't think they would believe me.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

back after a looong hiatus due to school--glad to see your still just as good as ever. thanks for the belated b-day wishes and I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but at least we were both ill together.

And hot damn, churros are some goooood shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home