Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Rhymes With Gardening

Song
When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me.
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree.
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet.
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain.
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain.
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Hap'ly I may remember,
And hap'ly may forget.

  -Christina Georgina Rossetti

Achoo
I have a tiny rose bush,
That made a tiny rose.
When I was bent,
To test its scent,
Pollen got on my nose.

  -Tinyhands

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

Beautiful prose! Go well with small cat snoring in my bed as I surf the web. =^..^=

Big lazy smooch,
The Tart

BTW, today my brother informed me that he will be going to Japan for holiday. Osaka--have U been there?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Tart- "small cat snoring" I like that. Kyoto was as close as I made it to Osaka. Our dear Badaunt lives much closer.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

*handing Tiny a Kleenex* Bless you. Freakin' allergies.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thursday doesn't rhyme with gardening.

My head hurts.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KCTL- I don't suffer traditional allergies. I tend to get a lot of headaches this time of year, but that could just be accounting class.

JR- I think it depends on your accent, or lack thereof. As for the headache, I warned you about recommended banana-depth.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Some flowers are huge
others are tiny
they're all just like men
only...they usually smell nicer.

Check out my blog tinyhands!!!

Love your place here in blogdom, its very well decorated!!

JAMIE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home