Monday, April 10, 2006

Considered Responses

I love to write between the lines. I'm not quite as skilled at reading between the lines, but I'm always looking for clues. I enjoy reading someone else's blog and seeing a connection to a particular song or movie quote, hoping it'll mean something to the other person as well. (A friend of mine and I used to have entire conversations using movie lines and lyrics.) I got a message the other day and, I kid you not, I spent at least an hour coming up with the response. It's one of the luxuries of my lifelessstyle that I can spend the time doing that. Well, I partially take that back- I have to spend that much time doing it otherwise I'd go crazy and my brain would turn to mush. Next thing you know I'm watching Dr. Phil. And nobody wants that. So I fire up the Google, the thesaurus, the web-translator and I go to "work."
This is not the message for which you're looking.
I got a bit distracted last time, as happens when surfing the web. I came across some poetry that I really liked. I don't generally like poetry. It comes off as too self-absorbed. (I know what you're thinking- How could I of all people tell?) I like opera and the symphony, so I'm not entirely without refinement, but I can't stand ballet and I digress. I managed to put a little fright into someone when I read some of the poems to her - somewhat suicidal in tone, but I just liked it is all. One of the poems sunk a little deeper than I initially thought and turned up as a dream that night. I can't go into too much detail (no it wasn't a naughty dream) because it's embarassing. Embarassing because, although I don't put a whole lot of credence into dream analysis, this one was my subconscious slapping me right in the face. Hard. It was so obvious that I woke up and immediately knew what it was about, giving up on something that I thought I wanted.

It makes me a little afraid to go to sleep again, since I wonder what I'll have to give up tomorrow.

PS: If you didn't already know, our friend Jethro is a talented musician. You can see a clip of him here.

PPS: I doubled the size of my "Houston at Night" photo album this past weekend. I hope you enjoy.

8 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I'm glad you're doing photos. I like them a lot.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Brighton said...

You are coming to blogmeet, yes?

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Gary: Thanks, then it's all worthwhile.

Bright-one: I'm thinking about it. I hate to show up empty-handed though.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger me said...

i'm waiting for the extended remix of "not my cat." utsubuse ni natte kudasai.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ブレベン: Korobisugite oshiri ga itai.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger me said...

なぜガールフレンド無しか。

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ブレベン: 私はただスマート、こっけいである。私は豊かでない。

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger me said...

so des ne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home