Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Continuing

Not much to report tonight-
I took some photos today as proof that I occasionally listen to suggestions from the peanut gallery. Link is to your right (my left) in a new album entitled "Glenwood". I've got the feeling that I missed something important there (despite having felt it) and these are not the only pictures I took, just the only ones worthy of sharing. Enjoy.

Afternoon update: My favorite is the last one, and coincidentally there's an interesting story about that monument just this week at Texas Escapes.

5 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Those pics are lovely, really lovely. Did you see the stone with the handprints? Amazing. Thanks for posting/sharing.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- Yes I did, just down the path from Howard Hughes. I looked very closely at that stone and couldn't figure out who it was nor how to photograph it to my satisfaction. Sometimes memory is the better film.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

I don't know who it is either but the story goes that the man died of AIDS and his lover was an artist. While he was alive, he asked his lover to create his headstone, and that is it. Awesome love, beautiful stone.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Of further interest - Who is Who, and Where, at Glenwood.

http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?page=cem&FScemeteryid=3828

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- Well played, indeed. Here it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home