Monday, January 02, 2006

Routine entry

I think I know the cause of my latest distress: Routine, or the lack thereof. Classes ended a few weeks ago, I still have no job, and television has been reruns for the last 2+ weeks. I'm keeping roughly the same hours but there's no routine in my life at the moment. No method to my madness, if you will. I'm very much a creature of habit, though maybe not quite as anal as you imagine, so the lack of a schedule has me out of sorts. But it's almost over, my drifting that is. The bowl games will be over soon (with a national championship for Texas, of course) and the spring television lineup will be back to normal. Classes will start up in 2 weeks and I'll file for graduation next month. Alls I needs a job.

I had a very disappointing dream last night. I was in Hong Kong (not disappointing) at some sort of buddhist temple (also not disappointing) where I saw someone very special from my past (very not disappointing). She came to sit with me and get reaquainted. She looked good. Older, but good. The disappointing part was waking up before I got to spend any time with her and find out where she is, since we lost contact about 10 years ago. Not only did I wake up, but I could feel myself being dragged backwards away from her as I ever so slowly woke up, just like in the movies. The one person in the world I most want to see again and it was such a brief moment in time. I woke up and cursed aloud.

I've been trying to come up with a resolution or two. Most of them go without saying, so I'm not saying. I'll think of something. What's the deadline for setting resolutions anyway? Like the registration sticker on my car, there's got to be a grace period for those of us who like to procrastinate...

6 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

January 10 is the deadline. It's a ten-day grace period, that's all you get. Better get on that, you've got 7 days and counting.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Gary said...

i hope you are right about the Rose Bowl, but I'm afraid USC may be too good.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I've actually been trying to find one of my closest friends from high school as well.

I'm also working on the income part. But, I got to work on the license before I can start a practice.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- Ack! Pressuring me with the pressure!

Gary- I think most people have overlooked the fact that Reggie Bush is going to be too depressed (about the impending draft to the Texans) to have much of an impact.

Jethro- I know your budget is tight now, so you two need to pick a time when we can have a cheap-ass movie night over here. I've got some good new releases.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I feel your pain. When classes end the days have no shape, and I don't DO anything, because suddenly I don't have to. When I was studying I used the vacations for that, but now the things I should be doing are things I don't particularly want to be doing.

And that is why my NY resolution is to be tidier and more organized, particularly during vacations. But that was my NY resolution last year, too.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Let us know when you want to watch movies. We will make the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home