Thursday, December 29, 2005

Staring

I've been staring at this blank screen for several days now. I don't know what to tell you, mostly because nothing has changed and it somehow doesn't feel right writing "nothing's changed". I got my car back, and put it back in the shop, then got it back, but it's going back in. I did the New Year's Eve shopping today- Domain Ste. Michelle Cuvee Brut and an aged Padron Churchill Maduro. The old tradition involved a Black Lab. The new tradition is raw. Last year someone said, "Good lord! Jolly good. Four foot one? Well that... that... that is a long time, isn't it?" This year someone will say, "Son, you got a panty on your head."

This is painful...

8 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Last year, good time with friends at their home. This year, quiet time with dog at the cabin. Let it change gently and without much notice. All the best.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Allie said...

this year i'm demanding someone bring me a toddler.

happy new year sweet boy

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Ahh, but who does the panty belong to? Taht is the question, my Texan friend.

Last year, loud, rowdy, drunk party with boyfriend (who turned into an ex three days later). This year, quiet, intimate, drunk party with good friends. Already sounds better.

Happy 2006!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- I have no idea why, and it's neither your fault nor a bad thing, but the image of you "hiding out" at a cabin made me think of my ex all morning.

Mimi- Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.

KCTL- Sometimes it's a hard world for small things.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Sass said...

have a safe new year holiday.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Happy New Years man. Our New Years is usually relaxing with friends. We may try to go wild next year.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

What? Somethings wrong with your car? Your miata car? Nooooo.

Sorry you've had your fingers tied. I'd say "cat got your index" but somehow that just doesn't sound funny.

So, I'll wish you a happy new year instead. :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Brighton said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year full of New things to report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home