Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Today

As usual I went to the second of those parks. New photo album (051130) via the link to the right, though nothing particularly noteworthy in my own opinion. Sorry I missed some of you at the park. There was a longer line than expected at [sandwich shop name withheld until endorsement check arrives] so I was running a bit behind. I was pleased that those of you who waited did so. What fun we had. And to a certain someone, you know who you are, I'm sorry I pushed you in the water. I'm also sorry that I just could not stop laughing. Thank you for not letting the park police actually arrest me, and since I noticed you enjoyed watching them chase, tackle, and handcuff me I figure we're even.
Like they always say: True love means never pressing charges.

In other news: One step forward, two steps back.
• On the way home my car spontaneously died. It's never done that before. I was about 100m from home so I coasted into a nearby parking lot where it would not restart. I locked it up, walked the remaining distance home, and returned 30 minutes later with a pair of vice grips. There's nothing a good pair of vice grips can't fix. Hesitantly, it started again, idled rough for a minute, then smoothed out. Drove it home and parked it. We shall see...
• And then my computer started acting up. Three crashes within a span of a few minutes. A little tender-loving geekiness on it (well, several hours worth) and it's fine. We shall see...
[Ed. Note: "step forward" redacted to avoid inevitable jinx.]

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I wouldn't have let them arrest you either...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Allie said...

i dunno - the thought of you in handcuffs is kinda hot.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Nanner- Duh, we're in love.

Mimi- That's a whole 'nuther fried side dish.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

"...it ain't easy but opposites attract."

Dang it. Paula Abdul totally ruined the phrase "one step forward and two steps back" for me.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

You forgot to bring your ninja smoke bombs to hide from the police didn't you?

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger luminainfinite said...

now I'm singing Paula Abdul. Thanks a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home