Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Time well spent

It's funny how love notes always seem to start with "I know I don't tell you this often enough..."

Today I was reminded how glad I am that I brought you home with me. We did our own separate things for the morning and early afternoon, but as the storm clouds rolled in I knew this would be our time together. I turned off the computer and the television and turned on a little soft music. I dragged the cushion into the sunroom where the temperature had rather suddenly dropped 20 degrees or so (into the realm of the pleasant) and we curled-up there, together, as the first drops of rain hit the windows. A pleasant smelling candle completes the atmosphere, and will give me something by which to remember this time, every time I catch a whiff of that fragrance. [Cue the lightning, now the thunder. Yes and yes, that's perfect.] I confess it's awfully hard to concentrate on you when Mother Nature is putting on a good show outside, but warm and dry with you is such a wonderful place to be. I often wonder how it is that you came to be so full of wit, intelligence, serenity, and beauty. I pray that spending time with you will grant me some of that, a bit of you rubbing off on me as I push deeper and deeper into you. I don't have any pretenses that I was your first, I know how things are, but today you were all mine and I yours. Like all good things, it comes to an end seemingly far too soon. It's time to blow out the candle, to close off the sunroom, and to part ways for a while. I'll think about you as I'm cooking dinner or watching television. Thinking about when you'll return to my arms for another rendezvous.

Thanks for this afternoon with you.

10 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

THAT ought to bring on some comments. Beautifully written. Curiosity piqued.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sass said...

Breath taking.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Time well spent, indeed.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Yeehaw? Seems inappropriate.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Ooo! OOo-oo-oooooooooooOOOooOo!
(imagine the obligatory finger pointing)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

I worry that maybe I wasn't obscure/cryptic/evasive enough...

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger lucidkim said...

clearly you brought home a good book to read. right? no? :) kim

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Of course. What else could it have been about?

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Ninja love?

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger boo said...

yes... wonderfully written... ah... if only someone would write me... a love note.... and i will be doing some more pictures soon... keep your eye's peeled!...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home