Monday, October 31, 2005

Lead to follow

At a fork in the road I never know which way to go. I could follow April and chuck it all or I could follow Hooch and check off a couple more lines from my notebook. Tonight the notebook, maybe the other tomorrow.

The notebook is an actual physical book, though it's just a plain, spiral-bound, wide-rule, 70-page (minus 2 torn out) notebook that I scribble ideas into more or less as they come. Dreams, daydreams, weird shit that occurs to me in the shower (strangely, that's where I think up most of my weirdest stuff), book, movie, and TV quotes. Generally I just scribble down a line or two and that's enough to reignite my imagination when I'm writing late at night. The page I scanned is from many months ago. The checkmarks attest that at some point each of those ideas (save one) have made it into an entry at one time or another. Yes, I only write in red in this notebook. No, I don't know why. Yes, this is just scribbling and not representative of my handwriting. No, you can't see the current page.

And now, following Hooch's lead, I'm going to check off three lines which happen to be movie quotes. I'm not, however, going to expand on them or tell you what they're from. It doesn't matter and it's not a contest.

"I'm not the man I dreamt I would be when I was young."
"But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted."
"I fear you'd think less of her because she's with me."

9 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Allie said...

this entry made no mention of me.
hrmph.
;)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

first of all, did you say "FOOKIN"?

secondly, i love that the ANAL reaches so far as to have remebered how many pages of a 70 page notebook have been torn out. i can appreciate your crazy, sir.

thirdly...it's ok to write in red. and even better its ok if its ALWAYS a specific pen for doing so and freaking a little when you cant find it.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Hooch said...

Audible erections? Did I miss that post?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mimi- You sure? Look closer.

#3moo- I did, I am, it is.

Hooch- I can't find it either, but I wouldn't have checked it off if it hadn't made it into print. And yes, it's what you think.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I remember that post.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

It's all sign of a very creative, rather organised person. I have a notebook that I scribble into also, but not in red, but it's a nice touch. Stands out and screams at you.My eyesight is crap so I couldn't read very much of your page.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

How do you keep the ink from running all over the page while you're in the shower?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

grandpa joe?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Bonnie Heather!

NML: A method to my madness?

ESC: I have an intern that takes dictation

Kim: Uh huh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home