Sunday, October 23, 2005

Two


First I want to thank Houston TranStar for their highly informative and helpful traffic cameras which are accessible via the web for people like myself wanting to determine the best route through Houston's disaster of a freeway system.

Photos such as the one to the right are typical of what you can expect from the cleanest, most well-run city in.. oh nebermind, you get it.


Second, although I'm not in the habit of doing it very often, I thought I'd pass along a URL that I thought was just too cool not to share. A friend of mine told me about Google Map Pedometer a few days ago. Google maps by themselves are pretty cool, with the ability to switch back and forth between map & satellite images, but the pedometer overlay lets you click (hint: double-click) on points and it'll tell you the distance between them. As far as I can tell, it's quite accurate as well. Very handy for determining the path you're going to go walking tonight. (In other words, go outside and get some exercise you lazy bastards.)

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

(hangs head in shame)...I thought no one would notice my continuing crusade of remaining on the couch all night long for days on end.

Apparently, I was wrong.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Brighton said...

I hate traveling in Houston. Seriously, our roads are shameful.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger luminainfinite said...

does your name "tinyhands" reference the e.e.cummings poem?

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide: Ugh, kids today.

Bright-one: Don't think you're safe down there in the 'burb. It's just as bad, if not worse. Yet another excuse not to visit my parents.

Lumina: Sadly no, I'm afraid it's merely descriptive. Which poem though?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home