Sunday, October 16, 2005

ZXQ

Sorry for the delay folks, just thought I'd give you extra time to think about that last entry. Right? Believe me? Good. Moving on...

It was a rough weekend, starting Thursday night with a blowout on the freeway coming home from school. Good thing (actually, yes) that it was 9:30 at night or the "Safe Clear" nazis would have been forced to tow me. As it was, I got the spare on in less than 5 minutes without Ralphie-boy expletives. But this is my Carson Daly karma - I won $100 online two weeks ago, so I spent $200 Friday morning on new tires. $208, if you include treating myself to BBQ since I was practically right next door. The BBQ will show up as an auto repair expense when I balance the checkbook because of the sauce.

So with Friday ruined (except for a nice evening walk) I figured to try to go to the park on Saturday. I love to sit under the trees on the edge of the duck pond and watch them maneuver like toy boats for tiny scraps of bread. Unfortunately Saturday is when everyone else goes to the park, so parking was horrendous. I got into a bit of a scrap with a man who thought it was ok to stand in a parking space to save it for his wife who was driving around elsewhere. He relented and I got the spot, but he loitered around my car after I got out and went into the rose garden. I watched from the other side of the fence as his wife walked up (presumably having parked elsewhere) and the two of them loitered around my car, going so far as to write down my license plate number (to have me towed?). When I stood up and walked to the fence the wife approached me, but I avoided talking to her as I had my headphones on. She tried to pick a verbal fight with me, but when I pulled my camera out of my bag her expression fell and she turned around and walked away. I thought about following them and taking pictures of them anyway, but the whole mood was shot. The park was far too busy to enjoy a little peace & nature so I got in my car and left.

So with Saturday ruined, how much worse could Sunday be? If you only knew. No, I'm not going to complain any further. I'll look for the good. Well, I did 34 laps today, my personal best. I vacuumed and watched "Must Love Dogs" (Predictable yes, but I'm a huge loser sucker for the romantic comedy. Plus Diane Lane? Hubba hubba!). Had a nice dinner with the family- steaks & lamb chops *drool* at Capital Grille seated next to Raul Chavez (some kind of professional athlete, I'm told). Key lime pie AND creme brulee (well, shared), since I'm not getting any younger and I intend to enjoy it. Double desserts and a full moon, you should have called- I would have invited you all along.

[Ed. note: ZXQ is when you're playing scrabble and those are your tiles. You got nothing.]

9 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Allie said...

that zxq thing is clever.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mimi- Eventually some scrabble geek is going to google that and explain how it's all kinds of wrong. W.E.

Fuzzy- You were wishy-washy on the whole recommendation thing, so :P

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Wait--it's not cool to stand in parking spots?

Crap.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i recommend 13 conversations about one thing.


and i like reading when you are melancholy. its like the way fall feels.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I swear, people are so weird. We went to Target one night and there was this chick standing in a parking spot, talking on her cell phone. She put her cell phone on hold (did I ever feel special) to inform us that she was "saving the spot for a friend." Indeed. So we parked one spot over and laughed at her all the way into the store.

Too bad you didn't have a goose you could sic on them.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide- Not if you can help it, but I know sometimes you can't help it.

#3moo- You're in luck, we got melancholy on tap this season.

J- I never goose strangers. Well, almost never.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Mike said...

First off, the X is pretty much always a good tile to have in Scrabble. Even if I am to accept your theorized 3-letter rack, I'll still do something good with that X.

Secondly, happy belated birthday, you comment-hating bastard.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I don't know why I found it strange, but I had to read back and make sure you really took the car to the park.

But I suppose things are too far away for walking, even on a nice day. Just like in NZ. But not here, and I have been here TOO LONG if I've started doing double takes at normal (everywhere else) things like that.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ikeMay- Dork.

Theic- There are little neighborhood greenspaces within walking distance, but when I'm talking about 'the park' I mean the BIG "central park" type park. Too far to walk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home