Wednesday, October 05, 2005

An idea

You're still just an idea in my head, not yet flesh and bone.
We can, and do, talk about things that are important to each of us. Sometimes we don't talk about anything important, avoiding certain topics. We listen to the same songs, watch the same shows, laugh at the same jokes. That's the idea anyway.

But you're still just a grain of sand, yet to become the pearl. Coveted.
A precious stone that shines brighter in the sun than locked away behind fortress walls. You're far, far away still. Even if I squint I can't see you. But I'm not sure which direction to go from here. I don't even know if you're real. Because you're not yet real.

I can't tell if the sound is real or imagined, if it's you or my own echo.
The shadows are indistinct as well. Damn that's frustrating. There's even an intoxicating fragrance, but that could be the jasmine outside. Are you sure you're not a figment of my imagination? I'm not. I've got a pretty vivid imagination, but your reality is beyond my wildest.

I guess it doesn't matter, reality that is.
I'm going to wrap my arms around the idea of you.

15 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Nice post - Timid. Hopeful. Dreamy.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Allie said...

that's my friend right there, i think maybe he's opened his heart just a little bit.

yay for you!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Chapstick- It was kind of like a daydream as I wrote that.

Mimi- (See above: Hopeful)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mike said...

QUIT WRITING ABOUT ME! I will get a restraining order.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ikeMay- You've inspired me to rewrite my personal ad- "Straight white male seeks straight white male for long walks on the beach, watching UPN sitcoms, and ultimate frisbee. Must love tequila and know Java."

Fuzzy- Too bad you're not real either.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Not to get all girly on you, but that was beautiful.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KCTL- Oh heavens, no. There's enough girliness here with ikeMay around.

Fuzzy- Have we met? No? Then you might just be a figument of my imagination.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sass said...

Swoon! Isn't it funny how we conceptulize people into something they may or may not be. We build them larger than they are and into this great monstrosity of a wonderful human being with no flaws.

I like the idea - anyway.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Fuzzy- Ugh. Check out Sass's comment. She gets it.

Sass- Wonderful monstrosity? I'm going to read your blog a little more carefully from now on. ;)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Fuzzy- Yeah, you're right. Sorry.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I had no idea how to respond to this post. I don't have any more "ideas of you" so I can't relate. So how's school?

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Z- Silly girl, you're quite real. Tired of school. Seriously thinking about becoming one of those people that drops out 2 credits short of graduating.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I'm one of "those people" and it was worth it.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

I'm going to wrap my arms around the idea of U.

LOVE that!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

This is definitely my favorite post. Wishful thinking that you're talking about me? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home