Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Call Guinness

Does anyone know the record for hours spent staring at a blank computer screen? I think I could be a contender for that one. It's not for lack of thinking about it though. I put on some music and find a lyric in EVERY damn song that fits what I'm thinking at that instant. The blank page mocks me.

I went to a lecture this evening given by the executive director of a company for whom I'd love to work. This company has been around for 70 years or so, and although it's not a household name it's been near the top of my shortlist for a while now. So I was quite excited to hear about this lecture and it lived up to my hype (no, you would have been bored). This executive's story is not unlike my father's, or even my own as-yet-incomplete story. It just made me want to work there all the more. I grabbed his business card after the talk, so maybe just maybe I can start something. When things seem too tough to bear, I have to step back and remind myself that this is what I really want. Sound advice, but it doesn't get me from here to there.

4 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

It's good to have something to aspire to and having an actual business hero makes it even easier. Hopefully you will realise your dream and don't give up.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

First off, I called Guinness and since it's his name, my cat jumped in my lap.

And secondly, why is sound advice so hard to take sometimes? Why do we always want to take the easy way?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

When you admire someone it can be the first step to do things the way they've done things. And that's what gets you from here to there. Steps. It doesn't matter the size, as long as you take them.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i thought this was going to be a post about beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home