Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Transition period

It is a time of change.

You know what makes me laugh? I mean really full-body quivering, pee-the-briefs, gut-busting belly laugh? Stupid people. Case in point, someone at our local CBS affiliate thought that we'd rather see this woman interview Oprah "the h is silent" Winfrey than the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. That makes me laugh so hard I lose consciousness and bang my head on the coffee table. Fortunately I have HDTV and the CBS-HD channel showed the flesh, so I don't have to wait until 1:07am to watch it for the first time. (Yes, as you correctly guessed I'll be watching it for the SECOND time.)


Top Ten Failed Alternatives to The Proof is in the Pudding:
10. There's an affidavit in the pie.
 9. Angelfood cake provides the answers.
 8. Clues can be found among the lemon squares.
 7. S'mores have their reasons.
 6. Cookies will corroborate.
 5. There's evidence of fudge.
 4. Get the facts from flan.
 3. The brownies will testify.
 2. Ice cream has the scoop.
 1. The Jell-O knows the truth.


With apologies to KCTL:
Five hundred twenty five thousand, nine hundred forty eight point seven six six five six minutes
How do you really-super-accurately measure a year?

8 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Allie said...

tiny found his funny.

and the villagers rejoiced.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Ha! 'The Jell-o knows the truth' is so going to be my random phrase from now on. With all credit going to you, of course.

And it figures that you'd be the one to do the math. :) Maybe the song meant how to measure a leap year?

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mimi- *curtsy*

KCTL- I spared your blog the geekiness to sacrifice my own.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

you're hilarious - i love the list...(and the "h is silent") :) kim

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I am the Jello... :-)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

I'm going to start rotating those into my vocabulary regularly. I also propose changing, "He wants to haev his cake and eat it too" to something that makes more sense, because who has cake and DOESN'T want to eat it? I think it should be "He was rich and robbed a bank too." That makes someone seem greedy. Not eating your cake makes you seem anorexic.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger tonia said...

sign me up to be on the team to get ALL ten of those in the general vernacular. Oh, and we should definitely work on the "cake and eat it,too" thing. Mellancollyeyes is SO right!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

WOOT! You've cracked me the hell up. They're going into my rotation, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home