Monday, January 23, 2006

Evening

Thanks for all the great input on last night's entry. I felt a little funny about posting those emails verbatim, in case anyone thought I was making fun of them. The reality is that those weren't real women and they weren't really looking for a relationship with me. You know as well as I do that they're the Russian mafia just phishing for suckers OR they're women just looking for a visa. A few of my female readers sent me private emails to the effect that I don't need to be shopping for a mail-order bride and attached photos of themselves to prove the point. My apologies to the woman (I assume) who tried to send a video clip which was rejected by the size limit of my email box. The subject line was certainly intriguing enough and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I blush merely seeing it in my inbox. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to decline your very generous offer.

And while we're on the subject of taking over the world, I treated myself to dinner out tonight. Nothing fancy, just a steak sandwich & grilled veggies around the corner. Too cold to sit out on the deck under the live oaks, but yummy nonetheless. I considered robbing the place, you know, just because I'm bored with little else to do. Unfortunately, after I ordered and sat down a couple of Houston's Finest (that's cops, not strippers) came in, foiling my would-be attempt. As for stuff that actually happened, the guy in front of me ordered a burger to go and a glass of wine (merlot, if you must know). Of course local ordinance prohibits taking alcohol out of the establishment, but I thought it strange that he sat there finishing his drink while the food in the sack cooled. Naturally HPD couldn't care less about his boozin & cruisin.

4 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

You should've used your ninja smoke bombs when the police came in after you robbed the place. Then, you could make a clean getaway.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

was he drinking his Merlot through a straw in a take-out cup?

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

maybe after drinking he didn't care if his food was cold. and damn - hate it when the police show up a foil a crime. at least they didn't catch you in progress. that would have been awkward. kim

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Sass said...

did i tell you about when i reported my wallet stolen and the cop hit on me in the middle of the police report? I'm not surprised they were drinking on the job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home