Thursday, January 05, 2006

Credit

where credit is due. As many of you know, I don't frequently link to other people mostly because I don't want to offend everyone else in the world that I haven't linked to (including the 4.5 million Singaporeans who do little else but blog, but I digress) but I also do my best not to steal ideas from other people. Thus, credit goes to Gary for inspiring the following term:

Emotiblog (n) - An apolitical, testosterone-free blog directed at discussing fact, fiction, and feelings rather than debating the right and wrong of an opinion or issue. Flaming and/or trolling of emotiblogs is seldom tolerated. [Antonyms: Sportsblog, Politiblog]

Gary may have inspired the term, but I coined it. Right here. I was first. The world premiere of a brand new word.
IN
YOUR
FACE!

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Thanks. That's the idea I'm talking about: A blog should be fun civilized place where people can share ideas without trying to win an arguement. Nice word you made up. I wouldn't mind if it caught on.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I think I have an emotiblog, but I'm not apolitical nor testosterone free, but highly emotional. I think I fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home