Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Recipe

For an excellent day...

-Cruise Memorial Drive,
-to no particular destination,
-with the top down,
-to the music of Jack Johnson (or similar).
-Burrito on the patio (Mmm, carnitas).
-Half-Price Books (Score x3).
-Yankee Candle (Buy one, get one suckas!).

Such beautiful weather. Any fool caught inside on days like we've been having is well, a fool. (Kinda blew that one. Bygones.) It was about 70 degrees (21C), the sun was shining, birds chirping, oh hell yeah. Days like that are meant for cruising topless and, take it from me, not having anywhere to go or any particular time to be there makes it so much better. I cannot help but laugh at all the people in their huge SUVs (who can't even see how nice it is outside, for one thing) rushing around, jockeying for position at the lights, blowing their horns when the light turns green. Hurrying to be somewhere other than outside on a beautiful day. Yes, I see your gigantic Hummer. Sorry about your tiny dick though. (I swear more and more people are buying those things, which would explain the proliferation of little blue pills, but I digress.)

So I guess it's the deadline for resolutions and I suppose I've got one, though it's still ill-defined:
In 2006 I resolve to take another step towards living the life about which I dream.

Just a step. I harbor no delusions that I can make the leap from here to there in one big mother-may-I hop. I don't know which step I'll take, but I guarantee that at the end of the year I'll be able to look back and positively ID something specific as a step in the right direction, setting up next year for yet another step.

And this is the paragraph where I evaluate last year's resolution. If I had any clue what that was, this paragraph would be a lot more interesting. Since I also failed to blog any such resolution, I can't go back and look it up, but I did just burn 15 minutes rereading some stuff that I thought was clever. All in all, a success.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

What to comment on? YC - Have you tried Clean Cotton? Hummers? Ugh. Cheerleaders in Hummers should be the name of a band, not the description of the person behind or beside you on the road. The resolution? Open that door and let the dream come through. I enjoyed this one.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I think that's a great resolution, if only because it is ill-defined.

Driving with the top down makes the perfect day, I agree. It's 35 here today, but is supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend, and if it hits it, I'll be topless...I mean, driving with out a top...wait, you know what I mean. :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- Yes yes yes, love the Clean Cotton.

KCTL- No, I'm not sure I know what you mean, so I'll just fill in the details in my own mind. I might get it wrong, but that's half the fun.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I love Memorial Drive. And it just seems to keep getting better and better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home