Sunday, January 15, 2006

No change

Hi, thanks for coming back. I'd love to have a long sit-down talk with you, but I fear I don't have enough going on to keep your interest for more than a brief moment. I still have the pain in my neck/shoulder as well as intermittent pangs down my spine. I don't want to complain about it though, since that's not only not interesting but decidedly uninteresting. That's life, you know. There's always a pinch or headache or something. Still, let's have a tea & ketchup.

I wrote something in my notebook last week that I thought would become something, but nothing more has come to me. "I don't know why and I seldom ask. It was not explained to me, it simply be." This wasn't in response to anything specific, those words just popped in as though someone had left them on an answering machine in my head, bad grammar and all. I thought it might be the beginning of a poem or short story. Dead end.

I've been working on improving my photography skills (that's mad skilz to you & me, Rusty), now that I've got a decent tripod for my camera (and I have nothing else to do with my time except obsess over job postings at CareerBlunder & NotJobs). I know I could always drop my pictures into Photoshop to straighten out crooked angles or bad exposures, but we know that I'm anal and prefer to take the picture correctly in the first place. My latest project has been nighttime photography. I've got a new album posted, which you can find via the link to your right (my left) - "Houston at Night". Your comments and opinions are welcome, as are suggestions for further evening subjects for those of you unfortunate enough to be familiar with Houston (at night or otherwise).

10 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

UNfortunate enough??? Hmph. Try the polo club, the freeways, Montrose and Westheimer on a Saturday night, highschool football stadiums in the Fall, Ben Taub emergency room entrance, Glenwood Cemetery (you'll have to use Bulb), or downtown.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

tea & ketchup? can i get fries with that? i'm sorry you've been having pain. when that's happening, even tho you feel uninteresting, it does take over and i do care. i hope it clears up soon.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I should work on my photography skills too, which currently consist of 'point and shoot, a lot.' (Adding a story is my way of distracting people from seeing that the photos aren't that good.)

I'm off to look at yours, to see how it's done.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Badaunt said...

OK, I've looked, and just want to say I love 'Mecom fountain 4.' I particularly like the ghostly tree at the right.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

1L- Oh come on, it's fun to hate Houston. Not sure about the streets yet, but Glenwood is a great idea (unfortunately closed at night) and I'm sure the Polo Club doesn't even allow riff-raff like me on the grounds.

J- I originally wrote 'catch-up' but figured everyone would think of the condiment anyway.

Theic- Aww, I love your photo-stories (as well as the ones without photos!) FYI- I think the tree you're admiring is one of the ubiquitous Live Oaks of Rice University that are even more beautiful by day.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

hi.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I obsess over job postings too!! Wow!!

Wanna take a trip to Pluto? I hear its cold there... :-P

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

Glenwood and the polo club: The sneaking would be half the fun!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

#3moo- You're not kidding.

Peach- My mittens are only good down to 100K

1L- So you won't mind if I call you for bail money, right? I seem to have misplaced your number...

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger me said...

love the "not my cat" album.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home