Tuesday, September 06, 2005

So little to say

In keeping with my theme of telling you about the unimportant shit in my life (while hiding the really monumental stuff) I've got so little to say tonight...

I haven't properly told you about school. I'm taking three classes this semester, which means two in the spring and I'm done, outta here. Class one is Futures & Swaps, two types of derivative investment also sometimes used as hedges against other risky investments. I like this class so far. The professor is amusing, made moreso by his ability to laugh at his own mistakes, a rare trait amongst professors. Class two is Management of Multinational Organizations, a survey of techniques for dealing with cultural differences in an increasingly diverse workplace. It sounds cool on paper, but I'm not enjoying it at all. This professor thinks he's doing us a favor by front-loading all the coursework so that it'll be easier at the end of the semester. Instead, it just spreads out the pain instead of getting it all over at once. Class three is International Finance, a survey of currency, equity, and bond markets around the world. It sucked at first because all he talked about was oil & gas, which I'm told is important to Houston's economy. (??) Last class was better as we actually discussed international currency conversions. No telling what the next class will hold (assuming I don't download the notes until moments before class). So that's the next 14 or so weeks of my life.

I volunteered at the Astrodome Friday night. If we chat I've already told you about it. If not, you're not missing anything. It's not about me anyway.

I was going to conclude with two quickie reviews, but I've run out of what little steam I had to begin with...

9 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

spammed!

see? even the spammer don't want you to stop telling us of the mundane!

You never did give the details of what you did at the astrodome.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

What happened to Ninja skills 101?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

What annoying spam! Your classes sound diverse but interesting. It makes me think that going back to uni would be great! I wnna be a student again!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Allie said...

hey - at least it's a woman begging you NOT to stop!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ESC- I was trying not to make volunteering about me. All we did was load and unload trucks and sort food and clothing donations. For our troubles, both my friend and I now have low-grade colds.

Jeth- If there was previously any doubt, you have got a one-track mind. Lucky Z :)

Fuzzy- Sorry to have to delete it. You and your dried squid are next...

NML- You're too smart to go back to school ;)

Allie- True story. I feel warm & fuzzy (not THAT Fuzzy!)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

*snort* I laughed at your first paragraph ... I feel like I'm doing that sometimes. Guess we have to, eh?

Good for you for volunteering. (hug)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Fuzzy- The day ain't over yet...

J- I bow in reverence to the MASTER of hiding the monumental stuff. For those of you that don't read Jeanette's blog, allow me to paraphrase:

"Thursday- I don't think I mentioned this before, but Tony and I are getting married this weekend..."

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

You have no idea.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

*coughing fit*

Yeah, well, there was that.

*snickering*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home