Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Apropos

I'm not the kind of person who looks for patterns or meaning in everything, but I noticed 3 things this evening on my walk:

3) My mp3 player changed to the next track, Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight, just as a frog went hopping across the path in front of me. ("I say hip hop, the hippie, the hippie to the hip hip hop..")

2) The next track, Bob Marley - Three Little Birds, as I get dive-bombed by bats outside the Mexican restaurant (They are Mexican free-tailed night birds, after all)

1) As I walked past the yoga place, class was letting out and there were hot girls everywhere. At this point, my mp3 player changes tracks to Elvis Costello - I'll Never Fall in Love Again. (Draw your own conclusions)

Naturally I couldn't have a sign associated with The Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch. My luck tends to run more towards Stevie Ray Vaughan - Crossfire.

16 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

are you sure it wasn't a toad?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Allie said...

those are some excellent music choices my tiny friend.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Have you ever been over to a friend's house to eat, an' the food just ain't no good?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Allie said...

...and the chicken taste like wood.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

And then ninjas popped out of the bushes and "Everybody was Kung fu fighting" played. Right?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

note that he had 3 things happen.

coincidence?



i think not.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

ESC- You missing one? Leapt out of the cauldron, did it?

#3GA- I had help.

ikeMay- I never turn down a free meal. Because if you're offering...

Jeth- Actually they were doing the YMCA in front of the Post Oak Y. At least I think they were ninjas.

#3moo- You and your signs. Oh, nebermind.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

speaking of music, have you heard "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" by Bowling for Soup?

It's a good one.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger boo said...

very interesting... i love it when you get a bunch of signs...

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

De- If they don't rent rooms by the hour I've never been there.

Aide- Nope.

Boo- You remain the Queen of Signs.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Hilarious - great song choices, especially Bob :-)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Brighton said...

Love your music selections...

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Now that would be some scary ninjas.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

NML: Heh, I hadn't thought about the connection, but of course you would like that.

Bright-one: This from the woman who knows how to pick music to dance to.

Jeth: Well, one was a ninja, but there was a cop, a cowboy, an indian...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

So, the ninja killed the biker huh?

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger tonia said...

i like and believe in "signs". One that has come to my attention lately is that they are building a Cheesecake Factory in Clear Lake. That's a good sign...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home