Thursday, August 11, 2005

Potpourri for $400, Alex

I'm going to try to make this quick because I want to drive out to the country and try to take some pictures of the Perseid meteor shower. If you're too lazy to gahooyoogle it yourself, the Perseids are an annual August meteor shower caused by the Earth passing through the tail of the comet Swift-Tuttle, so named because they appear to come from the constellation Perseus. If you missed this one, the Leonids are in November, so stock up now on your ISO-1600 film.

I haven't talked to my favorite white supremist in a few days. (Yes, of all the white supremists I know, she's my favorite, though I neither support nor condone white supremacy.) She's the one who suggested I attach an anniversary virus to my blog for the 1 year anniversary. I said it was too much like Christmas Syphilis and then she showed me her t-shirt that reads "Will Fornicate For Food".

When I suggested to another friend that we make t-shirts that read "Don't Pet the Hedgehog" she insisted it should be "Don't Pat the Echidna." I don't necessarily object, I just think it requires too much explanation for the North American market. You know, substandard public school system and all. Anyone have a preference?

I had dinner with a buddy last week and in the course of conversation asked about his girlfriend. "Oh, she got married." He said it just like that, matter-of-fact. Awesome.

Lastly, I had a rather disturbing dream last week. I dreamt that I got to meet my unborn daughter. She was about 6 or 7 years old but I was meeting her for the first time. She was beautful, though I couldn't describe her beyond dark brown ringlets. For some reason she was British (a lovely accent on a little girl) and informed me that her name was Liz'beth. As I lay on the floor next to her, she was playing with her dollies and colouring, not paying a whole lot of attention to me but politely answering my questions. The circumstances of her birth and the mother weren't really part of the dream, it was mostly about the feeling that I didn't know her and was supposed to get acquainted. Plus, the overwhelming feeling that she was the most beautiful child I'd ever seen. I awoke too quickly and was really sad that it was just a dream. The echidna and I have our own thoughts on the meaning. What's your interpretation?

12 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

The online dream interpreter says this:
"Interpretation: To dream of seeing happy or beautiful children in your dream is lucky. You will have great happiness and blessings. If you see kids working or studying, peaceful times are ahead. To dream of a sick or unhappy child symbolizes trouble from your enemies. If you dream of playing with children, your love hopes will come true. If you dream of being a mother (and you don't have children in real life), this foretells a surprising turn of events concerning a cause you believed to be lost."

I think you should use more benadryl. That's what I do.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i'm pretty sure the dream means you want to come to a numbers meeting and hang out.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Okay, here's where I'm going to get all spacy/weird on you...I believe that dreams sometimes show us glimpses into one of many possible futures and our many different pasts. Maybe this little girl is a daughter from a previous life that you didn't get to know for whatever reason. Or it could be a daughter from your next life. (See, told you I was going to get weird.)

But then again, sometimes a dream is just a dream...unless it involves leather and thigh high boots. :)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

i think that dream means that you are coming out on the weekend of the 27th-28th and lifting boxes and helping me move.

yep, fairly positive. the tea leaves never lie.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

J- Happiness and love I believed to be lost. That doesn't sound like me at all. ;)

Al- I'm frightened.

KCTL- I don't normally think that way, but the latter is close to the way I felt waking up.

Aide- Oh damn, I'm going to be in LA (the state) that weekend. Hard to believe I'd rather be in LA with family...

De- It's a free country. You go on hating if you want and don't listen to anyone else.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I have no idea what dreams mean, but it sounds like a nice one. Last dream I had was a pill-induced nightmare involving Harry Potter and a sorcerer's stones.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

I think Allie was right.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger NML/Natalie said...

I haven't a clue what the dream means but it sounds lovely and almost peaceful. I always giggle when non-British people think that the accent will be cute on a child. You should hear the variations of it. Some of the accents are not so lovely!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Duly Inspired said...

No comment on the dream, but the title is great. Was it a daily double?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

oorgo- I hope you're right.

Z- That wasn't a dream and he's not a sorceror.

Tasty- Still frightened

NML- No worse than you romanticizing a Texas drawl.

D.I.- I hate to ruin your impression of me as a fine upstanding young man, but it's a naughty inside joke for Regis. If it WERE a daily double, do you think I'd be spending as much time online as I do?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

yeah ima hafta agree with allie AND tasty

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Maybe not, but I was Harry Potter and I was trying desperately to morph into a girl, so what does that say?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home