Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Weekend

Computer crashed again. I'm going to have to find other means of entertaining myself...

Saturday
Ok, I did not drink NEARLY enough last night to be as hating-it as I am today. I bet those damn med students put all manner of controlled substances in their drinks. Either that or I'm old. Yeah, it's probably the roofies. I didn't have enough garlic last night at the Vietnamese place (where it's so good straight, grilled with the Bo Luc Lac juices *drool*), I should fire up the BBQ grill and roast my happy ass another head of the sacred root. Yeah, I'll put some chicken on too, in case the neighbors ask what I'm up to. I made the world's best (shut up, it's my world) garlic mashed potatoes using that freshly roasted crack- half a head of garlic, a ton of butter, whipped spud. The chicken wasn't anything special. 'HBO Boxing After Dark' means things are finally starting to go my way.

Sunday
So now I'm sweating pure garlic oil, but nobody's complained yet (at least not through formal channels). Weatherman says it's supposed to get into triple-digits today. I better turn off the A/C and flee to where I don't have to pay for a livable climate. There's a library around the corner, that might be nice- air conditioned, reasonably quiet, and I can read peacefully all by myself. I was right, for the most part, and I even brought my own book. The library closed at 5, being Sunday (yeah, I shut that mother down!) but I wasn't ready to go home, so I took my book and went to the mall. I finished my book (review pending) but still wasn't ready to go home, so I hit the Central Market. More eggrolls (one can never have too many), my favoritest chocolate cookies, pepitas by the pound, some fresh croissants, and some chicken salad for said buttery, flakey croissants. No, they still don't have my grapefruit Hansen's.

Computer operational again, but for how long?

5 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

you have some good eats down there.

although, without the tater tot hotdish, i'm not sure it's THE BEST eats there is.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Chicken salad on a croissant? Egg rolls? Garlic as a meal? Grapefruit Hansen's? We could sooo hang.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I dont' like Hansens. That "mmmBop!" song was just to irritating. which one was the grapefruit one?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Aide- Boy, you really want someone to notice your tots, don't you? Try a low-cut blouse.

KCTL- Wait until I get you hooked on pepitas (the roasted insides of pumpkin seeds)- you'll be shoveling them by the mouthful. I think David's (the sunflower seed people) are now packaging them, so check your grocery store.

ESC- They're all kinda fruity, last time I checked.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

I do. Every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home