Monday, February 07, 2005

A soupçon of blogging

I stalked someone else today. I don't really keep a mental (or otherwise) file on people and most of the time I don't even set out to stalk someone. It just happens that someone will post a link to an article, an mp3, or just write the right thing at the wrong time and into the whipped potatoes (my brain) it goes and out comes a full name, phone number, address, whatever. It's really just a game to me. In the interest of fairness I usually give the stalkee my name in return, as a measure of good-faith that I'm not really going to hop a Greyhound to Kirksville MO, Minneapolis MN, or some other exotic locale. The lengths that I went to when stalking an ex-girlfriend even scare me, so I'd better not write about the details else you all give up on me completely.

Maybe I should start a Do Not Stalk registry? While I would prefer that you not stalk me (I will eventually answer your questions if you ask me nicely and privately via email) I can't really stop you. But if you're going to do it, no cheating. You may not ask anyone else for hints.

In other news...

I remembered where my somewhat recently acquired love of Spanish/classical guitar comes from- the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over reunion in which Don Felder and Joe Walsh played those awesome solos on Hotel California. I know it's not all that Spanishy (it's a word, look it up) but it's my head. If you don't like it get out.

Trivia tidbit: As I was writing last night My Big Fat Greek Wedding was on cable. I've seen it a time or thirty but I picked up a little inside joke in last night's viewing. At the wedding reception, at the end of the movie, one of the songs that the band is playing is called All My Only Dreams. I know you're wracking your brain to figure it out, so I'll give you a hint: The production company that brought MBFGW to market is called Play-Tone, a name that figures prominently in another movie filled with inside jokes.

And more trivia: If you didn't already know, Nia Vardalos, who wrote and played the leading role is married in real life to Ian Gomez (thus, the name of John Corbett's character) who appears as the character Ian's best friend Mike. Ian Gomez was also on the Drew Carey Show (as Larry Almada) for most of its run and had some great lines, none of which I can remember right now. Most of what made them funny was the delivery, so you're not missing out on much by me not remembering them.

Finally, though this isn't final, I think I'm going to propose on Valentine's Day.

9 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Allie said...

propose what exactly?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Yes, what are you going to propose? That we all commit mass suicide as a result of our unbearable aloneness? (Except for Jethro and Zelda because they're all happily married and whatever.)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

If there's anything worse than a stalker, it's an ANAL RETENTIVE STALKER! I may never embed an mp3 EVER AGAIN!

Consider yourself emailed...though how you got that particular email address is a question that will haunt me...

and yes, do fill us in...propose??? hmmm?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger me said...

I, being stalker minded, have covered up my identity and contact info by paying a little extra when registering my domain names. All of the info you give to the company who registers you is available to the public through the "who is" section of hundreds of websites. A good rule of thumb, btw, is to change your account password and E-mail address every 6 months or so. I know people who have had their domain names hijacked by rogue companies. (As in, you paid $5 to start, your domain name gets hijacked, the new co. wants $300 to renew, you don't pay, they own the name and won't let it go, you have to make new business cards.)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Al: It's a surprise!

Bonnie Heather: Yes, I'm going to propose that at 19 it's too late for you and you'll wind up back at home with mom & dad forever and ever. And aren't Zelda & Jethro just disgusting with all that love and sex and marriedness? Ewww.

ESC: Like I said, it's usually just a matter of time before you make a mistake and I've got you. Thanks for playing along though. Fortunately I've never had anyone go apeshit on me as though I were an actual sexual predator. (There's nothing sexual about me, so I've got that in my favor.)

ブレベン: Unfortunately for me I found out the hard way that you'd already concealed your identity. Of course, that's what makes the game fun. Good on-ya for sharing that tip with the others though.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

Maybe I'll form a stalker harem, then. There was one other guy who kinda got a little obsessive. Was cute at first, but eventually had to set him straight: I'm not leaving my boyfriend for a random stranger in blogland!!!

I guess I just beg to be stalked, though, as I use my real first name and post pics about myself. Not too worried, though, as aforementioned boyfriend is big, over-protective, and owns several guns. My only real worry about my blog is that someone from my family will find me...then the gig is up. No more talk of sex and blowjobs!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

yeah i have to say, you're good at the stalking business. scared the hell out of me, for like 5 seconds until you told me your secret path to my not-so-secret identity.

and i'm also wondering what you are going to propose? i hope it's a pantless wednesday, because goodness knows there's never enough Pantsless Wednesdays!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

yeah! pantzless wednesday!

it's 12:11am...and I'm not wearing any pants!

awesome.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

You're welcome to stalk me, but I wouldn't be much of a challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home