Tuesday, January 25, 2005

School daze

Barely a week into the Spring semester and I'm ready for it to be over. I'm taking 3 classes this semester and it promises to be difficult.
-Strategic Management: Appears to be about the selection and implementation of management strategies. Kinda touchy-feely management stuff with no right or wrong answers. I don't meet all the prerequisites for this one, but my advisor said go ahead and take it and the professor OK'ed it. By taking it now I can potentially graduate next May instead of next December. Cool professor, no females.
-Investments: Primarily equities (stocks) and portfolio theory. Cool professor but he talks very fast and might be making some of this up. No females.
-Conflict Resolution & Negotiation: This class scares me. It's almost entirely class participation with no exams. Very strict professor in terms of preparation and attendance, but I think I will learn a lot from this very gregarious professor. Nothing but married women.

You can see where my priorities are at the moment: School and women. Food, sleep, and TV round out the top 5. Blogging is somewhere in the top 10, but I might be coming down with an early case of Gogatsubyou so we'll see what suffers most.

In related news, I saw the cute Chinese girl from last semester in the hallway. We locked eyes and time stood still. The electricity in the air was palpable, as everyone around us suddenly developed static cling and the 8 giant plasma TVs simultaneously, spontaneously caught fire. The sprinklers kicked on a moment later while we still stood there, drenched but transfixed with one another. The building was evacuated and a Hispanic woman, either part of the custodial crew or just horribly attired, was screaming "PEPE! MY PEPE IS STEEL EENSIDE!" We got separated in the confusion and commotion. It would not be tonight.

Today is my parent's 38th wedding anniversary. I forgot to put a card in the mail, so I sent an email instead. I was tempted to write "it's better than I could do" but the sarcasm might not have translated so I just stuck to simple congratulations. Dad wrote back to say he was taking his "bride" out to lunch since he has a final exam tonight. Aww, isn't that cute. Bald loser. (inside joke)

14 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

I'm pretty sure you're making some of this up. Give me a little time and I'm sure I'll be able to figure out which bit.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i think he made up the classes he is taking.

but the rest of it HAS to be true.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

At first, I thought you were bragging that there were no women in your high falutin classes. You almost got a beatdown for that.

I'm glad that wasn't the case.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Theic/#3tx- I made up the part about my top 5 priorities. There are actually 6 or 7 things in my top 5.

KtP- Definitely NOT bragging. Any time you want to postpone your own graduation and transfer down here, I'll be more than happy to revise my estimation of my classmates. I'll even let you cheat off me in my negotiations class.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Baby, I SO don't need to cheat.

But I appreciate the offer. :)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger PDgirl said...

class is not the time to be picking up chicks, tiny...it's the time for sleeping and drawing things in your notebook. Blogging and drunken stupors are the time to pick up chicks.

Duh. Why don't you know this already??

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

slow your roll on that #3 TX stuff. i still have 27 days, 3 hours and 13 minutes.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KtP- Of course not, but I couldn't think of anything else to entice you to move down here. BBQ?

Adrianne- Because, duh, EVERYtime is the time to be picking up chicks. Say, you wouldn't be interested in moving down here, eh?

#3tx- The Big Texan 72oz steak is calling you home. I want to read in your blog about the woman who tamed that beast. (Meaning you, bean-wench)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Oh, I see how you are.

If I move down there, I'm wearing too much perfume every damn day. THAT'll teach you.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

ha!

72 ounces???? that's just a snack.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KtP- Ok, if you want to be that way. I was going to give you credit for turning me on to Toothpick, but now I'm going to tell everyone that you were just emulating me. Good thing nobody else can read this.

#3tx- I changed my mind. I want to be there to see you cram 4.5 POUNDS of steak down the hole in your face. I will be posting the pictures as a photo-essay.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

You seriously listened to Toothpick? Dude, I'm stoked. I listen to track #1 (time travelin couch) like, 34234 times a day at work.

I'll be all outta wateh / And headin to the bohdah / With somebody's daughtah

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

i'll be down there in a week!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Katey Bear- In fact I did and I really like it. I've only given it one complete listen so far, but I see this one going into the changer in my car. It's good top-down music, assuming I'm not in a bad part of town.

Adrianne- I'll straighten up the guest bedroom. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home